Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Scar Maps - Free Battle Maps

Map Battle Scar Maps - Free Battle Maps

Greetings Adventurers!

So after leading a few parties through Undermountain and Avernus as a DM, I've decided to dip my feet into another realm of creativity. Map making! I've recently started creating Battle Maps that would hopefully give other DMs and players extra tools they can use in their own campaigns. It's been so much fun and I look forward to creating more maps for the D&D community. I'll be posting my free maps here as we go along that hopefully you can all use. Enjoy!

First up, as today IS Halloween, some spooky themed maps!

Torture Chamber Battle Map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.png 
Views:	238 
Size:	5.61 MB 
ID:	125771

The stench of urine, feces, and death get stronger the deeper you go into this chamber. The sounds of groaning can be heard with distant screams of anguish. One could easily lose their mind down here and succumb to madness. Beyond the curtains reveals a blood drenched room filled with tools of despair. The tools of men who bring pain and death to anyone other than themselves. Oh the stories that this room could tell...

If you like this battle map, you can download it for free (grid and non-grid) from my Patreon.

Haruman's Hill Battle Map

Views:	135 
Size:	5.56 MB 
ID:	125772

Haruman, a human paladin of Helm, was one of Zariel’s most devoted Hellriders. He crucified deserters to Zariel’s cause on “Coward’s Way,” a line of tortured souls leading to this desolate hill. Each soul is pinned to a barbed, metal tree. Inscriptions above their heads attest that most of them were mortal knights who abandoned Zariel during her assault into Avernus. Flocks of stirges buzz between the branches, feasting hungrily on the screaming, crucified victims.

So there I was, working on a map for all of my Patrons, when I came up with an idea that may be beneficial to all. I currently DM for a Descent into Avernus campaign and could not for the life of me find a battle map for Haruman's Hill. So I figured I'd create one!

If you like this battle map, you can download it for free (grid and non-grid) from my Patreon.

Tortuga Tavern Battle Map

Views:	102 
Size:	7.02 MB 
ID:	125788

Tortuga Tavern rests upon the shell of a colossal tortoise that slowly traverses the sea. As its location is continually on the move, only those with knowledge of the tavern can find it. The coordinates and path are usually transferred via word of mouth and as it's difficult to come by, usually only the wealthy can make the trip. You will only find the highest quality of silk, linen, wine, ale, and sea food at this tavern, which easily separates it apart from normal taverns you may find at your local city. Like the saying goes, you have to pay for quality! And don't forget to tip your bartender!

Nice maps, thanks for sharing!

Thank you! I appreciate it. I'm hoping they will be of use to many campaigns to come!

Throne Room Battle Room

Name:	thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	7.95 MB 
ID:	125849

You find yourself stepping into the most pristine room you have ever seen. The fresh scent of flowers and the fragrance of success fills your nostrils like the very air you breathe. The welcome bestowed upon you is unlike anything you have experienced before, but for good reason. You were the one who put Lord Baronthal to death... the King's own brother. Now the King may rest knowing that the 2nd in line is no longer attempting a coup for the Throne. "Approach, and receive your reward."

Desert Catacombs Battle Map

Name:	thumbnail2.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	6.23 MB 
ID:	126170

The annoying feeling of sand in your boots is nothing compared to the grim sense of death that has overtaken your body. Each step deeper into the catacombs is another step closer to certain damnation. You brush off the webs and stare deeper down the hall where you can see a glimmering light come into view. It appears you may not be alone down here, or at least that’s what the shadow that just moved passed you insists upon...

Frozen Grave

Name:	Reddit2.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	6.29 MB 
ID:	126338

As the ground beneath you freezes over, the battle moves upon a frozen lake where long ago, an ancient dragon was once slain and the remains entombed in this shard of ice. Now take the fight to the brisk cold as you sense the dragon’s gaze upon you from the depths below.

Gnome Maze

Name:	Reddit.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	6.53 MB 
ID:	126480

You can smell the strong scent of steaming iron and oil as soon as you enter. This maze isn’t like one you’ve encountered before. There’s a strange energy about this place, almost as if it was a metallic breathing entity in itself. The machinery found here is foreign yet you know at the end of this puzzle lies the answers you seek. The only Gnome who knows how to rebuild the Goliathar.

Archduke's Throne Battle Map

Views:	70 
Size:	5.78 MB 
ID:	126805

You lost everything. Your home, your family, your pride, and your respect. One bad judgement call was all it took to lose everything you've worked so hard for. And that's when opportunity showed it's blood scarred fangs at you. Your senses are overtaken by heat and the smell of sulfur as your eyes blink into another plane. It takes a second for your eyes to adjust, but as they do, you notice a very large devil stand from an iron throne and approach you. Each step sends a rocking sense of fear through your spine until you hear the raspy voice speak to you. "Let's make a deal..."

Water Temple Battle Map

Name:	Vertical Reddit.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	6.57 MB 
ID:	126960

You've traveled 3 days through this forest in search of something no one has ever found. As dense and thick as this monstrosity is, the thought of finding something so rare continues to be encouraging. Suddenly, you find a small clearing leading up to a beautiful scene you've haven't been privy to until this day. It overtakes you, almost making you completely miss the temple entrance wavering beneath the water line. This is it. The treasure of L'ordahl is finally within your grasp...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast