Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homebrew Fantasy World and City Map as GM gift

Post Homebrew Fantasy World and City Map as GM gift

Hello!

First time commissioner, so apologies if I mess anything up or request ridiculous things.

Our group just finished a 5 year homebrew D&D campaign and would like commission a map as a thank you present for our gamemaster. The goal would be have it of sufficient resolution to be printed out and put up on the wall in a poster-like framed display.

Map details:
    - main country from the campaign with detailed inset of the capital city, which is largely Norse in pantheon and history.
    - we have a basic hex-based map of the world (below) which includes major cities as well. we can provide approximate distance estimates between the capital city and other ones
    - we have a neighborhood level sketch of the capital city (below) as well as descriptions for each neighborhood
    - for the city inset, we would like to have specific important buildings labeled (probably with numbers) and a legend off to the side.
    - since our gamemaster's partner is also in on the surprise, we have access to most of the GM's campaign resources, so we can probably answer almost any question someone would ask about a region or city. Many of the regions have a historical basis (ex: elvish nation is victorian england, goblin nation is based on the aztecs, etc)
    - we've figured out which styles of maps our gamemaster likes and have included examples below as well

Our goal in this is to find an artist that's willing to work with our group to add in lots of little details from the campaign, including city/country crests, trade routes, or sections of the country that are supposed to be different faction territories. We can definitely provide descriptions for all of these and files (I believe our GM uses photoshop) for the major crests. Some things will be more set (country shape, city locations) than others (faction region borders, locations of minor cities). We understand that this may feel creatively stifling to some artists and we respect that if it's not your cup of tea. However, our GM adores mapmaking and has longed after the professional fantasy maps in books or at cons, we'd like to thank them by elevating their vision to a professional level.

If you're interested in working with us on this present, please reach out. Info and examples included below. Comments, questions, etc welcome.

World map - the country we're seeking to commission is Laderin:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	museumworld3.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	125792

City map:

Name:	carilesketchmap.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	231.7 KB 
ID:	125793

Styles of maps our GM likes:

Name:	city detail.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	125794

Name:	city map.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	125795

Name:	classic fantasy.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	125796

Good day! I am a world builder, mapmaker, and DM myself, and I love helping people realize their worlds. I specialize in hand drawn maps, and can easily make a map large enough for a poster depending on the size you need! You can see my portfolio here. I would be happy to work with all of you to meet your needs. Please email me at greendinomaps@gmail.com to discuss details.

I also think this would be a fun map to make ^_^

Cheers.
    Dungeon master, World Builder, and Mapmaker.
    Taking Commissions
    View my Portfolio
    Contact me at greendinomaps@gmail.com

Hello chief,

I should be able to help you here - I'm a Scottish map-maker with several years' experience in highly-detailed hand-drawn maps, and I can be reached at ryan@ryansthomason.com.

Hey there. I'm interested in this project, but due to a busy schedule cannot commit to being able to help just yet. Would you mind providing some extra info, such as budget and timeframe? It might help me decide if I am able to offer my services.

My work: click here

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Hello!

I don't make city maps, but I will gladly work with your group on a country map.

You can see my portfolio here - https://www.artstation.com/vb_maps and here - https://www.instagram.com/vb.maps/

If you are interested feel free to contact me at vdm.bulgakov@gmail.com and we can discuss everything.
    Thank you in advance

Hey, I'd also be interested in working on this project with you. You can check out my portfolio at https://kate_moody.artstation.com and if you think my skills could be useful to you please email me at kateam@optonline.net.

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    Hey there. I'm interested in this project, but due to a busy schedule cannot commit to being able to help just yet. Would you mind providing some extra info, such as budget and timeframe? It might help me decide if I am able to offer my services.

My work: click here

Wingshaw

This is a great question! Sorry for not including it in the original post.

As far as timeline, we are looking for completion by/around the end of January (negotiable). For budget, we would really like to stay with an upper limit of $450-500.

Thank you to everyone that replied already. I am trying to coordinate a whole group, so I will reach out once I have more of a consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by DM_Thank_You View Post
    This is a great question! Sorry for not including it in the original post.

As far as timeline, we are looking for completion by/around the end of January (negotiable). For budget, we would really like to stay with an upper limit of $450-500.

Thank you to everyone that replied already. I am trying to coordinate a whole group, so I will reach out once I have more of a consensus.
    I can work with that, so you can consider me interested

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

I'm certainly interested in taking this commission! You can find some examples of my work at https://www.artstation.com/dalebeerling. As you can see, I work exclusively in black and white, with some colour accents on occasion for names/markers and such(I do often add parchment-like versions, although I don't believe I've uploaded any of those on my Artstation - I can email those on request). The stated budget would be agreeable to me, as would the intended size as a poster. I'm more than willing to work to get the gritty details correct according to your GMs vision and envision that a deadline of january's end would be feasible.

If you find my style agreeable to your needs, please do send me a message on the forums or an email.

Grafian / Dale Beerling

Quote Originally Posted by Kate2192 View Post
    Hey, I'd also be interested in working on this project with you. You can check out my portfolio at https://kate_moody.artstation.com and if you think my skills could be useful to you please email me at kateam@optonline.net.

Kate
    Hey Kate2192 - we've been trying to reach out via email and also your artstation site. Not sure if we're just getting filtered out with the spam, but would be very interested to hear if you're still interested in this project.

Rest - sorry for the delay, I have to coordinate a group of about 8 people and it takes a bit! We're working our way through it and I appreciate your patience!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast