Thread: WIP-Renaissance forts-Awhayji Resources

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map

I remade the fort/citadel and spent 4 hours on it. I'm seriously beginning to consider accepting donations and payed commisions...

The citadel has a radius (from the center to the point of one of the bastions) of 250 meters and a capacity of 40 cannons.
    It has a trench 10 meters deep and 55 meters wide, and a covered path 1.6 meters deep and 39 meters wide at its narrowest points (I know that the wides are disproportionate to the actual size of the citadel).
    The parade is at ground level, the bastions and parapet walks are at 4 meters over ground level and the parapets are 6 meters over ground level.

The sentry boxes (in spanish: garita, garitas) aren't included, but they would be circular and of 3 meters in diameter. There would be one at the point of each bastion plus two more on the corners that join the flanks and main walls of each bastion: 3 garites per bastion.
    Ramps to the bastions, a bridge and a door and inner buildings aren't included either.

Here's a top view

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5P17RegV1.1_250Rad_50cann_Volume_NoColor.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	126876

The openings for cannons have been carefully engineered to make sure there aren't any blind spots.
    On each side of each bastion the cannon nearest to the point, can shoot in an angle of 80 (horizontal) degrees. The next shoots in an angle of 70 degrees, from the point where the outermost shooting line angle of the cannon situated behind the orillon crosses the diagonal that divides the next bastion in two simetrical sides, from that point up to 70 degrees towards the point of the bastion we are looking at. The cannon at the flank of the orillon, points from the inside of the orillon, to the point where the innermost side of the 80º opening crosses the diagonal of the next bastion.
    There are no blind spots.

Here's a view zooming in and angling the camera, showing a bit of sky.

Name:	5P17RegV1.1_250Rad_50cann_Volume_NoColor_Zoom+Sky.PNG 
Views:	26 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	126877

And here is a view from the groud, 679 meters away from the nearest bastion, 929 meters away from the center of the citadel.

Name:	5P17RegV1.1_250Rad_50cann_Volume_NoColor_Ground.PNG 
Views:	21 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	126878

Can somebody help me with the amount of people and professions that would be needed to maintain the fort operative?
    Last edited by 4maram; 12-03-2020 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Some measures needed a change to be accurate