Thread: Creating interactive GIMP brushes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by eepjr24 View Post
    I'd like to make a brush that emulates wagon tracks. I am currently working on a brush canvas about 70x70 pixels, mostly transparent with some blurred dots to represent the tracks. I have 72 images in the brush, single dimensional tied in 5 degree steps to the angular selection.
    - Ernie
    Hi Ernie - the latest versions of Gimp have some pretty powerful brush dynamics, and you can likely do what you want without needing to build an image tube/GIH brush. Do you have an example of the results you are looking for?

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Hi Ernie - the latest versions of Gimp have some pretty powerful brush dynamics, and you can likely do what you want without needing to build an image tube/GIH brush. Do you have an example of the results you are looking for?

-Rob A>
    Sure. In the end, I believe I am going to need to use GIH for other things as well, which is part of why I am wanting to figure them out. I'd like to emulate some of the features I want in the wagon wheel brush to paint buildings along a path from a GIH as well, for example. But see below for something close to what I am trying to achieve. I'd like to be able to vary the pressure and jitter a little bit as well in the long run.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wagon_trail_example.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	126166

- E