Thread: Map of Maelstrom - Full colour commission

Map Map of Maelstrom - Full colour commission

Hi Guild! This is my first finished map post in the forum since my introduction post - I hope you enjoy it!

I recently completed this map as a commission for an author working on a pirate themed novel. It’s not often that I work in colour, most of my maps are sepia toned or parchment style. I’m colourblind, so working in colour for me requires a lot of reference palettes and liberal use of the eyedropper tool. I’m very pleased with the results though!

This map is A3 size (11.7 x 16.5 inches), hand drawn and coloured in Procreate on an iPad Pro 11 inch with an Apple Pencil, then imported into Photoshop CC2020 for text, textures and finishing touches.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	527364B2-0298-4A57-83AB-794188C89B30.jpeg 
Views:	229 
Size:	6.35 MB 
ID:	126189
    Last edited by Arcane Atlas; 11-13-2020 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Change post icon

Welcome! It's a very nice map with a professional look!
    And the colours are nice, btw.

Beautiful map! Very professional and polished.
    Its giving me strong DanielsMaps vibes, I'm guessing you've taken inspiration from him?
    Even more impressive for someone who is colorblind. The colours are really great.

Great work!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Beautiful map! Very professional and polished.
    Its giving me strong DanielsMaps vibes, I'm guessing you've taken inspiration from him?
    Even more impressive for someone who is colorblind. The colours are really great.

Great work!
    Thank you so much! I really admire DanielsMaps work, as well as MapEffects and a number of other cartographers on Instagram, and there’s certainly some inspiration from them here. I was finding my regular style of forest wasn’t working so well in colour, and DanielsMaps’ forests influenced the style I ended up using here!