Thread: Frontier Basin

Default Frontier Basin

I assume I missed that thread where it explains how or where is the best place to upload images for maps in rough format. Can someone point me in that direction.

Blog Entries

Hi Tormus and welcome to the guild.

You pick the kind of map it is - like regional, dungeon, world etc and start a thread in the relevant section. Just not the finished topic. Then post your work in progress (WIP) maps into that. People comment on them and advise or whatever and you can modify as much as you like. Then at the end when you have nothing more to add to it, you can start a new thread in the finished maps topic and posting your final version of it in your first post. Any map posted into the finished maps for any particular year can be nominated for the annual awards for best maps of the types. Now that were approaching the end of this year (any boy do we ever need an end to this year....) the annual awards are coming up.

Since your in regional maps I think your in the right place.

How to upload a map ? At the bottom of the reply box is a Go Advanced where you will find some options (Manage Attachments) to upload an image. The images will then get added to the post. You can manage all of your images and if you upload one that you dont use then the system will delete it after a while. Since we have kind sponsors to the guild this site runs on a dedicated server we rent and we have lots of web space so you can upload large images if you like. There is a limit but I would say to people to upload at a good resolution but not so ridiculously high that when you expand the view on the web page image then your browser shows it 1:1 scale and it only shows a tiny proportion of the whole image. Something like 2K to 5K across max is best but more than 640 pixels is also advised unless you dont want other people ripping off your image.