An oldie. Dimensions are 8.5"x55" (roughly). And not as challenging as it may seem (mapping-wise). Don't get me wrong, it was an endeavour, particularly since I had no idea what I was doing. Hoping everything flowed correctly and made sense once compiled. It was illustrated in pieces/pages. Basically 5 connecting pages. As a table top map, unless one has access to a banner printer, it is printed as 5 single pages and pieced together. Digitally it's one long-ish delve (I used to think 5 pagers were big ). Anyway, thought I'd post it here – simply to break it down.

The premise behind this map style (illustrated iso, or faux iso, etc), is to: 1) draw a cool map; B) give a DM/GM something that requires minimal prep. Much detail sometimes equals less prep - but not always. I guess it all depends on the game, players, etc. And now I'm rambling.

The river/stream and falls enabled me to tie everything together, giving it an overall feeling of connectivity. The dungeon and cave system were the fun parts. Basically just a bunch of tunnels and chambers with a few trappings. Each panel/page could, with a few tweaks, be used as a stand alone map/image, but the idea is that all panels work together. And they should - and therein was the biggest challenge. Okay, enough about the map. I want to get a few of these out of the way (posted) so that I can move on to the fun stuff: having a look around at the amazing talent in this joint, engaging (I'm learnin'), and WIPs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-Trickle-NT-300-dpi.jpg 
Views:	654 
Size:	5.97 MB 
ID:	126237