Thread: Fantasy World Map - Three continents to proper scale

Map Fantasy World Map - Three continents to proper scale

Hello,

currently trying to flesh out the world of my story with a well built map. Previously contracted an individual outside this forum for work a year and a half ago, but want to try a different style with added changes due to story modification.

Currently trying to find a style which works, though something more realistic to better show the different biospheres of the world is what Im seeking. Would love it if you could be hands on in helping me flesh out the world by cooperating with me in designing the different unique geographic aspects that can help me plan/design/and alter the world. Primarily so the people and cultures residing there feel more authentic.

Someone with knowledge in how actual mountain ranges form, lakes, various biospheres occur etc. would be very appreciated on this project.

Payment is negotiable, will discuss with you your terms after we've gone over the project in detail. Please submit a message via my email (connerintress@gmail.com) along with samples of your work if interested. This contract is not just for one project, if work is satisfactory, will continue contract with some regional and maybe city maps in future. Thank you and hope to hear from you all soon.

w/r
    Conner

Hmm, you might want someone like Naima for this. They regularly take commissions from the Guild and have a very realistic style, with the sort of knowledge that you're hoping to have on your project, though it doesn't come cheap. This is their portfolio of work. https://www.deviantart.com/n-a-i-m-a...aps-and-worlds That's the guildy I first thought of for this pitch, but of course some others are likely to apply as well if you hold out, lots of great artists here, you came to the right place.

One of the things I do though, is that sort of anthropological "why are the people here and how did it influence their culture" brainstorming. So if some of what you want is help planning and designing and filling your world up, feel free to reach out to me and we can toss ideas around. But I would think my art is too stylized for what you want, if by 'realistic' you mean 'looks like a satellite' and 'contains modern mapping data'. There are also a few vector and 'encyclopedia' style mappers around who do contemporary styled topography if by realistic you meant specifically that it looks more like a modern map than a typical aged medieval fantasy map. I'm not sure all of them take commissions, though... they seem to be more driven by personal projects with worlds of their own to illustrate, so it might take a bit longer depending on what you really mean by "realistic": photo-real, or driven by modern mapping data delivery practices. My recommendation is to an artist who I know does photo-realistic satellite views, but if you meant that you wanted a minimalistic vector artist who does realistic data driven mapping, my recommendation would be different. Good luck finding the right artist, sounds like a good project.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!