Hey everyone...long time no see! I'm kinda back mapping now. My oldest friend and former DM is finally about to publish some novels set in the world he created back then (with maybe a little help from me). I'm going to be making the flyleaf map for his first book "Bathed in the Blood of Ravens". Check out his world info and feel free to help me hype train this book! https://www.ayrelon.com/

The big issue I'm facing is that he's NOT a mapper...not even close. He has a lot of stuff in his head...a LOT of vision, but isn't able to cohesively lay it out in a map...so that's where I come in. I'm hoping to at LEAST get the land and scale into shape...if I have to tap out and help him arrange for a commission I'll be doing that, but in the meantime I figured I'd start a thread here and chronicle my progress on building the map from this sketch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ravens_rough_map.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	531.9 KB 
ID:	127278

This sketch is VERY rough...There's pretty much no geography here other than general layout and orientation of key story places. I'll have to interpret this and apply a bit of artistic license to turn it into a believable region with terrain. I'll definitely be interested in any feedback as well as helping me interpret the sketch. I'll also possibly post any of his descriptive stuff that might help you guys help me interpret.

If anyone would like to consider prepping for doing some of this work on commission (probably later) please let me know.

Otherwise it's good to be kinda back!