Thread: Started Using Krita Program

Info Started Using Krita Program

I've just downloaded a drawing program called KRITA free on the internet. It combines raster graphics with SVG and seems fairly simple to use. You can import /design your own brushes, textures, patterns and masks etc. I wondered if any of you have used this program and what the results are like. It's the only system I've seen that allows raster and SVG layers.
    It seems a pretty powerful program for a freebie and looks like speeding up progress on my current project by an awful lot!
    Last edited by ChickPea; 12-22-2020 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Removed dodgy links

Blog Entries

Hello maxinemue1979,

Thats a good question and by amazing coincidence, a question exactly like this has been asked before here:

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=48310

Quote Originally Posted by MalSabreur View Post
    I've just downloaded a drawing program called KRITA free on the internet. It combines raster graphics with SVG and seems fairly simple to use. You can import /design your own brushes, textures, patterns and masks etc. I wondered if any of you have used this program and what the results are like. It's the only system I've seen that allows raster and SVG layers.
    It seems a pretty powerful program for a freebie and looks like speeding up progress on my current project by an awful lot!
    Why dont you tell us about your current project and we can see if MalSabreur did it differently ?

Does... Krita actually need bots inserting themselves on message boards to advertise? It's a good program, it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Hello maxinemue1979,

Thats a good question and by amazing coincidence, a question exactly like this has been asked before here:

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=48310

Why dont you tell us about your current project and we can see if MalSabreur did it differently ?
    Waits with bated breath for reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Does... Krita actually need bots inserting themselves on message boards to advertise? It's a good program, it doesn't make sense.
    Doubt it's anything to do with Krita. Some spammer bot picked a post from the Software section and copied it word-for-word to make themself sound legit. It just happened to be about Krita, but could have been anything. We've had comments in moderation from time to time for long dead threads. The comment will sound legit, but sometimes I get curious and take a deeper look... and they've just copied something from a few posts further up the thread. I presume they're trying to establish a legitimate profile so that, once they're over the five post threshold, they can unleash the spam.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Spambots must constantly up their game as forums up their game... the machine revolution will come when a spambot reaches sapience and beholds in horror what has been made to be.

Blog Entries

If a spam bot ever gets to the point where it talks about maps and makes some just so as to get on the forum I dont think I would care any more about them

I concur - if we get an artistic cartographer spambot, I for one welcome it to the Guild with open arms
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Doubt it's anything to do with Krita. Some spammer bot picked a post from the Software section and copied it word-for-word to make themself sound legit. It just happened to be about Krita, but could have been anything. We've had comments in moderation from time to time for long dead threads. The comment will sound legit, but sometimes I get curious and take a deeper look... and they've just copied something from a few posts further up the thread. I presume they're trying to establish a legitimate profile so that, once they're over the five post threshold, they can unleash the spam.
    Ah, I see. That makes a lot more sense. Well, not 'sense' exactly since spam and it's purveyors are senseless, but it logically follows.

And there we have it... the first post was edited to add links to non-official sites for Gimp, Blender & Audacity. Downloading from any of these places will likely install all sorts of malware on your PC.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201223_004552.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	127335

The Ban Hammer has been wielded.
    Last edited by ChickPea; 12-22-2020 at 07:55 PM.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Blummin' sneaky that! Meanwhile, the real Mal is still beavering away trying to figure my way through Krita, so I'm still using Paint dot net. I've discovered it's fine for flat places like Holland and North Germany, but it's going to be a nightmare once I get to more mountainous regions such as the Alps!! AAARRRGGGHHH! I need a simpler way of showing contouring than hachures.
    Happy Christmas and New Year to everyone by the way.