Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dec '20/ Jan '21 Lite Challenge: Cursed Crypt

Hi again!

It looks good on the thumbnail. But on the full size it looks like you have this grey glow around many elements which creates a very strange effect, especially with walls. They look almost foggy, ethereal. You also have a drop shadow effect on them which gives them nice dimension, but the glow seems to clash with it. If the walls indeed are supposed to glow, cause, who knows, maybe it's some kind of magic masonry, they wouldn't be casting a shadow.

I'd remove it, or change it to be as dark as the shadow, then they'd cooperate with your shadows and by contrast would make the walls more legible and give them extra pop. I hope you give it a try.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog Entries

This is coming along nicely. If I might suggest a few ideas - you have a floor texture that has squares in it and a grid with squares in it but the two dont line up. I know in real world your flagstones may not be exactly the size to match the grid but I think in this case it would help if they were aligned together or exactly 2:1 or 3:1. The background pattern is good but I think the scale for it should be smaller. When I look at it full size its a bit pixellated.

Thanks again for all of your very helpful feedback! I now reworked the effects around the walls a bit, centered the floortiles at the grid and changed the scale of the background and I'm quite happy with the result. So again thanks for these ideas!

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CursedCrypt6.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	127774

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12