Thread: Use lower case letters on HUION 1060p

Default Use lower case letters on HUION 1060p

See title. =) I got a HUION 1060p for the holidays and I am using it with GIMP. The pen works fine and the press keys seem to all function, but the configuration seems to type everything in upper case. So if I want the Scale Tool (s), I get the Smudge Tool (S) instead. Anyone else encounter this and have a fix? I have emailed the company but have no idea what their response rate will be like given that they are a Chinese company.

- Ernie
    Content available for use under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.

Update the drivers? Messed up drivers is usually what screws up wacom stuff so I'm assuming the same with them. If not that then Windows update messes them up sometimes. If updating drivers doesn't work then a complete uninstall then reinstall. Other than that no idea, well I guess you could just switch to capslock when using GIMP and see if that fixes it

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Update the drivers? Messed up drivers is usually what screws up wacom stuff so I'm assuming the same with them. If not that then Windows update messes them up sometimes. If updating drivers doesn't work then a complete uninstall then reinstall. Other than that no idea, well I guess you could just switch to capslock when using GIMP and see if that fixes it
    Okay, tried all that. Good suggestions, but it didn't fix it. Also tried copying and pasting a lower case letter in from elsewhere but that made it turn off the "keyboard" option for that key and set it to Undefined. Hopefully support will have something for me, I think they open in a couple hours. If not, I suppose I can work around it, would just be easier if I could use lower case. Thanks again.

- E
    Content available for use under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.