This is not really a map. it’s more of a study and a tribute to some cartographers who influenced me a lot, especially these last months.

When I decided to take up cartography and do something serious with it I did not anticipate the welcoming and warming community behind the scenes. I’ve lurked long years on this forum before I had the guts to make an account and actually post here. And I never regretted that decision. Thank you for all the hours you’ve cost me scrolling through pages and pages of knowledge and inspiration. Without you guys I would never have been doing what I do now. Making maps!

Now I have the privilege to work on commissions. Which brings a whole new aspect to the table.. Communicating and perfectionism.. Bringing someones world/idea/book/game to life is awesome but it’s also really hard not to get stuck in the ‘now-I-have-to-draw-perfectly’ mode.. How do you guys deal with that?

Anyway, here is the map. The four cartographers I chose for this map are:

Fanstastic Maps
Jonathan Roberts was my first love. I found him and his tutorials long before I found out about this forum. This taught me blending modes, coastlines and everything in between.

Sir Inkman
Or John Stevenson, or J. Edward. His maps are sometimes more illustrative than conventional. I really liked his linestyle and shading and tried to replicate that.

Mapeffects
Josh Stolarz is all over instagram when it comes to tutorials. He’s a great guy and he helped me putting together my first contract for a commission. He’s out there for aspiring cartographers and does a great job.

Misty Beee
Favorite Cartographer. Period. She makes every map unique in style and color and still maintains an overall cohesive, elaborate, impressive style. Every line she makes seems to be perfectly planned. It’s so great to see her so actively participating in this guild.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9F2DC23A-2B8B-45EE-A10B-3DD62F62E3A4.jpeg 
Views:	327 
Size:	8.02 MB 
ID:	127577

Have an awesome new year!