Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portfolio / Book website?

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    IG is not my place. I loathe having to do everything from my phone, and so do it less and less. They have so many seen and unseen restrictions.
    While I agree that I don't think it's a good platform for cartographers, you can use it from your computer if you use hax. You must use Chrome, right click and go into 'inspect' and in the developer sidebar, select the mobile view, then go to your front page, and refresh it, and the buttons will appear as it thinks you're on a phone. You can use this to post to Instagram on a computer. Remember your image will be a square and the editing tools don't work right without pinching and panning with fingers, so edit it to be how you want it to appear.

You're welcome!

Phones are vile, I'm personally considering the merits of simply walking away from the cell phone lifestyle. I actually keep it muted at all times and only engage with people who contact me via text based mediums to plan a phone call now. I defy this century's on demand lifestyle. I go on when I want to go on, people who are supposed to speak with me know how to reach me. I really only miss out on a very, very few intentional spontaneous calls, and a rather lot of spam by not answering my phone, so I don't feel I'm missing much. I do like email, and Discord's okay, but egh, phones, I don't like what they've done to people, not at all.
    Last edited by Tiana; 01-08-2021 at 05:44 AM.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    The audiences on each platform are different, and you need to know who your audience is so you can be more effective in reaching and communicating with them.
    IG is not my place. I loathe having to do everything from my phone, and so do it less and less. They have so many seen and unseen restrictions.
    Yeah that's my biggest issue with IG as well. They also have that locked 4:5 picture ratio, and no option to zoom etc. I honestly wish there was something like it but better, which I don't think would take much. There is also their insane EULA where individual privacy and data rights are basically non-existent. And other perhaps more important things. Problem is a lot of visual artist use it, it's really convenient to follow them on IG, and it's easier to get noticed there by following and tagging etc. Also it's not so hoity toity and serious, so you get more WIP's, process tidbits, and discussion etc. Can't wait till something else shows up and people start jumping platforms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12