Thread: Planet Map Generator to Fractal Terrains/CC3+

Help Planet Map Generator to Fractal Terrains/CC3+

I'm working on a college course that involves colonizing a terraformed world. I'm going to be taking over some of the narrative, and I'm trying to find the best way to create maps. I'd like to use the software I know - FT and CC3+ - but the world has already been designed in Planet Map Generator (https://topps.diku.dk/torbenm/maps.msp).

Is there any way to take the PMG map - using the seed the university used to create the original map - and convert it into FT to use its tools before adding it into CC3+?

Thanks in advance!

In Planet Map Generator, set Projection to Square and Colour Map to Greyscale. Generate the world and save it as an image. The default looks to be a BMP format, which means that it will import upside-down. If you can, use an external program to flip the saved image vertically.

In FT3:

a) set the world editing resolution to about that of your image using Map>>World Settings

b) Tools>>Global Set>>Land Roughness and a value of 0 (zero) to get a flat world

c) Select>>Load selection to load your image as a selection

d) Tools>>Global Set>>Land Offset Edit and a value of 60000 to make a terrain from 0 altitude to 60000 altitude

e) Select>>Deselect to remove the selection.

e) Tools>>Global Lower>>Land Offset and a value of 30000 to lower the terrain to -30000 to +30000.

I didn't flip the base image, so the FT3 world is upside down. ( the image is attached to the same thread on ProFantasy's forum at https://forum.profantasy.com/discuss...utput-into-ft3 )