Thread: Mercury under the Planetary Consortium (Eclipse Phase canon)

Map Mercury under the Planetary Consortium (Eclipse Phase canon)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KrVzZHK.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	3.81 MB 
ID:	127960

This somewhat stylised map is of notable locations on Mercury as it exists in the Eclipse Phase sci-fi universe. Controlled by hypercorp faction the Planetary Consortium, it's a hellish place populated primarily by indentured refugees from the fall of Earth ten years prior. The colour scheme is based off NASA topography mapping (yellow highest, desaturated/dark lowest), mixing brighter colours in with the usual greys as Mercury's natural look isn't vastly distinguishable from that of the Moon. I went for a mix of high and low-tech feel here, using old-fashioned illustrations and cards with travel type titles alongside harder lines and san serif stat blocks.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really neat map. It looks amazing enough without know the colors are also a height map. The cannon is also a really cool idea.

This is pretty brilliant, I freaking love space stuff. I've been working on making a planetary map for my world, so this went straight in the inspiration folder. I'm with Arimel, super neat.

IR

Very nice and distinctive. The placement of the different elements is very clever, as well as the retro-future general style.

This looks great! It's a great use of the spherical view, the topo color scheme, and the retro-futuristic style that Ilanthar mentioned. I like the lore, too. It reminds me of this map.

Have some rep!