Thread: Watercolor mapmaker here :)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Valerie, welcome to the guild. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your maps, it's always really nice to see unique styles and different takes on fantasy map-making.

In terms of sharing your maps, I would recommend creating posts in the pen & paper maps forum or the finished maps forum (there should be pinned posts at the top of each forum with guidelines about posting). In terms of linking to a portfolio, from what I've seen the done thing is to upload images to the forum directly so people don't have to navigate away to view maps but link to your portfolio in your signature (although I don't think you can make one until you are past your initial 5 posts and the training wheels get taken off) so people can navigate here if they are interested in seeing a wider range of your work (see my signature for an example of this). You can also create albums associated with your profile, although once again I don't think you can do this until after your initial 5 posts.

I hope this helps and Mods please correct me if I'm wrong.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    Hi Valerie, welcome to the guild. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your maps, it's always really nice to see unique styles and different takes on fantasy map-making.

In terms of sharing your maps, I would recommend creating posts in the pen & paper maps forum or the finished maps forum (there should be pinned posts at the top of each forum with guidelines about posting). In terms of linking to a portfolio, from what I've seen the done thing is to upload images to the forum directly so people don't have to navigate away to view maps but link to your portfolio in your signature (although I don't think you can make one until you are past your initial 5 posts and the training wheels get taken off) so people can navigate here if they are interested in seeing a wider range of your work (see my signature for an example of this). You can also create albums associated with your profile, although once again I don't think you can do this until after your initial 5 posts.

I hope this helps and Mods please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Thank you for the information! I will start by sharing my finished maps then, as you advise.

Do you know if it is ok to write comments in the map requests section for a newbie like me? Or do I need to get the 5 posts up and running first?

Quote Originally Posted by WaterWitchRPG View Post
    Do you know if it is ok to write comments in the map requests section for a newbie like me? Or do I need to get the 5 posts up and running first?
    It is OK, no rules against it People might take a greater interest if you've shared a bit more and have an active portfolio to showcase, but no reason to wait for the 5 post threshold. You are well on your way getting past that anyway, though.

Welcome to the Guild! We are a fairly relaxed group here, so no need to worry about stepping on any toes here. As long as you're polite, you're not breaking the rules. If there is anything in particular you are wondering or need help with, just say the word. Glad to have you join the community!
    Last edited by Kellerica; 01-17-2021 at 05:02 AM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Welcome to the Guild! We are a fairly relaxed group here, so no need to worry about stepping on any toes here. As long as you're polite, you're not breaking the rules.
    Thank you, it's good to know!
    I've had some confusing experiences on Reddit before, getting banned for really random things, nothing like being rude or anything obvious like that. So I thought it's better to ask!