Thread: 2021 Atlas Awards Intro & Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    You know, after previous discussions about all these categories, I think you nailed it perfectly CP. No confusion in what you've listed/described and, I think, just the right number.

Oh, and thanks for all the work you do on this. I don't know how many hours you put into this, but I, for one, really appreciate it.
    Thanks, GW! I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    As a criticism.
    Best large area to me should be split to :
    Best large area ( up to continent )
    Best world map ( only full scale planets or set of continents)
    Best sci fi ( space and beyond ) .
    But happy to see the new category of B&W as I sugested in past .
    I'm sorry, Naima, but we aren't going to implement this. You suggested something similar in the feedback thread, and the CLs did discuss it. However, we all agree that it's too problematic, given that there's already confusion between world & regional. So, we decided to go in a different direction instead, and I'm sorry if that's not what you were hoping for. I'm glad you like the B & W category, though.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Thanks, GW! I appreciate that.

I'm sorry, Naima, but we aren't going to implement this. You suggested something similar in the feedback thread, and the CLs did discuss it. However, we all agree that it's too problematic, given that there's already confusion between world & regional. So, we decided to go in a different direction instead, and I'm sorry if that's not what you were hoping for. I'm glad you like the B & W category, though.
    Yeh I understant, I feel just tha there are so many maps that deserve their own category but then it can happen that one year there are lots of maps in a category and very few in others... anyway great job with organizing it as usual. ����