Thread: Continent Map for Homebrew Game

Default Continent Map for Homebrew Game

Background
    This map will be a single continent map used for a homebrew game of D&D that I am running. I have experimented with hand drawing my own maps and using apps like Wonderdraft (I’ve used this the most), but I’m not a very artistic person and I’ll be honest the art of map making seems to be beyond my skills. So, I figured it better to hire an interested third party to make a sweet map I can use for my game.

Subject
    Continent of Azoris

Small/Medium continent: Approx 1000 miles from North to South and 500-700 miles across. Variation of forests, snowy mountains in the north, some arid plains, one desert, marshes/swamps, rivers, 2-4 large cities. Really just a map with basic variation of normal fantasy geography, I am not picky about all the small details. Preferably everything labeled.

Unique geography: One large mountain range near the center of the continent, runs North to south approx. 3-400 miles, separates the western and eastern sides of the continent. Eastern side of the map is more arid and contains a desert, western side of the map contains 2-3 forests and lots of rivers/small lakes. Capital city is in the far north eastern part of the map and borders the sea.

Starting area inclusion: I’ve already started the campaign and used a starting town named Dirtham. It would be located in the Southwestern part of the map; it has a forest and small river on its western border and to it’s east a lake called lake Midnea. My players will be leaving Dirtham soon to a medium sized mining town roughly 20 miles north called Kuvall. Kuvall sits at the very southwestern tip of the large mountain range mentioned in the unique geography.

Besides the unique geography and starting towns mentioned, feel free to experiment or create whatever you think would fit/look best.

Style
    I am including a map for reference that I really like the look of. I am very flexible on what the style can look like, I will happily reference your previous works to see if I like the style of maps you create.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iqmyjodqctq11.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	4.10 MB 
ID:	128599

Quality & Size
    300 dpi/full color
    Professional
    Required for print
    Dimensions: 18" x 24"

Copyright
    I request only reproduction rights.
    Will NOT be used for commercial purposes.
    Artist retains copyright.

Deadline
    Flexible; 3-5 months would be ideal

Contact & Payment
    $300-400 for finished product paid via Paypal. We can discuss payment for sketching up early drafts of the map. I am also willing to go above this budget if the quality of your work/portfolio is very impressive. I understand high quality and high levels of detail take a long time and am willing to pay for both.

I do not have 5 posts on here yet so email is the best way to contact me for payment/map discussion, otherwise comments on here are fine. Please be patient with emails as I don’t always have access to my phone/email when I’m at work.
    Chris Carlson
    “timthesorcerer---27310---at---gmail.com”
    remove dashes and quotes
    Last edited by Critical1; 02-27-2021 at 02:03 AM.

Hello Critical,

I am more or less beginer in the art of cartography, but right now i am finishing one commision for my friend and starting new project. Reason why i am responding to you is that the next project of mine is exactly the type of map that you are looking for. I have to say up front that this kind of map (size/color) will be my first time.

If you are looking for proffesional work from someone that you can see their similar portfolio, i understand. But if you would want to try me, we could do something with it. The reason why i think you could consider it is that since i am not professional and your map is something that i am working on right now, i would do it cheap.

If you are interested, just reply here, if not i wish you that you find what you are looking for

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

sent you an email.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Hi Chris

I would also be interested in this commission, I'll send you through an email shortly with more details about the service I can provide. In the meantime you can view my portfolio here.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Hello Critical1
    I am interested in your project. You can see my portfolio here.
    Artstation
    Deviantart

Thanks everyone for your interest and the email replies. A lot of great artists contacted me, I've chosen one to work with for this project. If I didn't choose to work with you, just know I appreciate you contacting me regardless. Thanks for your time!

-Chris