Thread: Social Media Banner

Default Social Media Banner

I don't know where else to put this, so I'm going to put it here and hope that it works.

I've been working on a social media banner for my artwork for a few weeks, and below are two versions of the image I've created. I think it's basically finished now, but I would like to get the feedback of the guild before I start publishing my work to social media.

Any and all comments on this banner will be highly appreciated! And, most of all, if anyone has some advice on how to paint the lighting/shading for the land directly beneath the candle, that'd help me a lot!! (The second image is my first attempt at showing the shadows from the candle, and I'm not entirely satisfied with it )
    Wingshaw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Social Media Banner 01a.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	128684   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Social Media Banner 01b.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	128685  

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

I definitely like the one with the shading from the candle a lot more, the transition from your moniker to the land beneath it is a much smoother. The black space outside the globe is rather sparse though, maybe some constellations could help to break that up.

Overall it looks great though, you'd get a good response with it just the way that it is.

IR

I also prefer the one with shadows. I don't know if you are concerned about banding occurring in that gradient, but I am getting some on my screen (although it may just be the compression format).