Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mintarn, Sacred Island of Fey Rework [WIP]

Quote Originally Posted by Simkin View Post
    So... we cannot see your map finished for a while?
    BTW it is wanderful till now.
    Not too long, we're working on fleshing out the main antagonist/protagonist situation, as well as the "House". Once we hammer down those ideas, it should take care of the 5 orbs, allowing me to potentially finish it. There are a few details that need pinned down too, such as Old Looshi's symbol, and the space left in the column. I like leaving dots to connect to for story development, so that it feels natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    WOW those details are superb. I love those feathers on the peacock, non wonder you were intimidated!
    Perseverance! This has been a huge undertaking for me, I'm happy with the result, I appreciate the kind words, Arimel

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    This is looking excellent Adfor, I've been enjoying watching this one progress.
    As I have enjoyed watching all of your pieces progress, you sure are speedy at crafting ideas into a finished product, sorry I have been able to weigh in.

-----

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210413_195625099.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	4.03 MB 
ID:	129298

I have but one more hurdle to finish the ocean space, I want to mirror the column. Otherwise it is down to a few details and the bottom rung. This is about as finished as it's going to get for awhile, I'm just tickled with the result.

IR

Hi again!

This is looking really good. One thing I've noticed now that you coloured the tail, the longest feathers are missing the forked tips. Minor detail but you could still add it in.

How will you add the second column? Are you expanding the map to an additional piece of paper? Or doing it digitally?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beautiful map! I love all the details, especially the peacock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
    Hi again!

This is looking really good. One thing I've noticed now that you coloured the tail, the longest feathers are missing the forked tips. Minor detail but you could still add it in.

How will you add the second column? Are you expanding the map to an additional piece of paper? Or doing it digitally?
    Thanks bud! Not gonna lie, totally missed those, big whoops. I could probably add them in with pencil, though I might have to scrape some of the colored pencil off so it doesn't show through, and that could get messy. Plan B is something story related, like the fey cut them off for their garments or something. I do have cosmopolitan faction in the works for this, so that could just work. IR wary of agitating what already looks good.

As for the the column, I'm just going to sneak the base of it behind the feet of the peacock, which is also where I'll nail down my moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    Beautiful map! I love all the details, especially the peacock.
    Thanks Neyasha, I'm stoked that you like it. A lot of love when into this one.

IR

Hi!

Those feather tips are dark blue/green, I don't think the ocean would make it look weird if they were layered on top. Try on another piece of paper, just to make sure.

Technically peacock feathers are brown, but their microscopic structure reflects the light in a way that makes them appear all sorts of different colours.

<- What a nerd.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123