Thread: Fairin'Dor - Tea Dye and Burnt Effect

Guild Novice

Default Fairin'Dor - Tea Dye and Burnt Effect

Hello everyone,

I decided to post a recent map that I made called Fairin'Dor. It's a random fantasy world that I created for a course I am currently taken. I drew everything out with different sized Micron pens. On one map my sister and I did a light tea dye effect to give it a more ancient look to it. The second image is the same map on parchment paper, ripped, and inked to give it a burnt look. I need to work on my borders and icons that I used, but overall I am happy with it. Please give me feedback or critiques on what I should or shouldn't do in the future. Thank you all!

-Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2216.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	128830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2217.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	128831  

Guild Novice
    Blog Entries

Default Awesome tastes!

Quote Originally Posted by Default0069 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I decided to post a recent map that I made called Fairin'Dor. It's a random fantasy world that I created for a course I am currently taken. I drew everything out with different sized Micron pens. On one map my sister and I did a light tea dye effect to give it a more ancient look to it. The second image is the same map on parchment paper, ripped, and inked to give it a burnt look. I need to work on my borders and icons that I used, but overall I am happy with it. Please give me feedback or critiques on what I should or shouldn't do in the future. Thank you all!

-Mike
    Wow! I really like how diversely you implemented the stylistic formalities.
    For example; the magnification of scale you imployed on the coastal bluffs along the south jutt of the northern isle, stands in exemplary contrast to the rudiments used for the other mountainous landforms.

You did a fantastic job devising the coastal planes! I appreciate the trajectory inclusions (once again stylisticly compelling), and found the coastline "shadow's" to operate really effectively; striking a sensical intermediate between an artistic expression, and a realistic depiction of the prospective information.