Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: City of Marienburg

Map City of Marienburg

This is my first post here. So I guess I have to say hi, I draw cities from time to time
    They are all hand drawn with a bit of post-production in gimp (legend). In such a talented and professional environment, I would like to hear some feedback from you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MarienburgFB.jpg 
Views:	543 
Size:	5.95 MB 
ID:	129013

Somewhere dark and rather dangerous...and also inhabited by these confounded mosquitoes.

Very impressive! Have you considered doing any of this digitally?

Hi planjanutza and welcome. Your city map looks great but it is impossible to see the details because of the quality of the image. So the general looking, the plan of the city and the colouring are very well executed.

Quote Originally Posted by mapmage View Post
    Very impressive! Have you considered doing any of this digitally?
    No I'm using gimp only cause I'm total noob in lettering and calligraphy so. Digital drawing is not my style at all.

Highest praise, I am extremely impressed! The detail is magnificent, the colors are bright, it's extremely legible, and it makes me want to visit the city. I'm as old-school as they come, so I encourage you to continue hand-drawing.

JEEZ LOUISE. This is outstanding. Keep at it, I can assure you that everyone here wants to see more of your work, wow.

IR

Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    Highest praise, I am extremely impressed! The detail is magnificent, the colors are bright, it's extremely legible, and it makes me want to visit the city. I'm as old-school as they come, so I encourage you to continue hand-drawing.
    I have to agree with Baron, this is a great map and the level of detail is excellent. I hand draw as well and there is just something really nice about it.

What size is the map draw at? I'm assuming A2 or maybe larger given the level of detail.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

This is superb; an amazing first post entrance to the guild! I love the details and the plans here (I really like the darker shades of blue in the waterways to show the changes in depth there). Definitely inspires me to take a try at a city map!
    What are you using to color the buildings? The colors blend really well and it may be a technique I would like to test in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    I have to agree with Baron, this is a great map and the level of detail is excellent. I hand draw as well and there is just something really nice about it.

What size is the map draw at? I'm assuming A2 or maybe larger given the level of detail.
    Thank you and yes, it is A2.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    This is superb; an amazing first post entrance to the guild! I love the details and the plans here (I really like the darker shades of blue in the waterways to show the changes in depth there). Definitely inspires me to take a try at a city map!
    What are you using to color the buildings? The colors blend really well and it may be a technique I would like to test in the future.
    For buildings three or four diffrent shades of red with some brown, orange, yellow for finishing touches. I'm using Polychromos and Creadu coloredpenciles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast