Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aelorn - My Second-Ever Actual Map

Guild Apprentice

Default Aelorn - My Second-Ever Actual Map

I present my newly finished map: Aelorn.

This was a fun learning experience. I see lots of things I want to fix, but I'm still pleased with the results.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1203.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	1,001.4 KB 
ID:	128952

EDIT: Not sure why it took several attempts, but I attached the image.
    Last edited by BordersoftheRealm; 03-18-2021 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Picture didn't attach...?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really neat map. I like the style that you have used for the ship, I am not sure I have seen that before. That forest technique I have always found hard to use but you seem to have fit it in really well here. I believe you may have missed an interior line on the lake in the top left though (with the waterfall). There are lines on the other ones but not there.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Really nice work - I always admire folks who can do a good hand-drawn map. The only little nitpick I have is that the 'font size' for the island names and the sea are all the same, so it creates a bit of confusion on what the island names signify.

Nice map! I like the style of the mountains, and the lettering looks good. Love that compass!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Fantastic! I love how clean and confident your lines are, that's some excellent pen work there.
    Making maps for my writing.
    Check out my work at fsethompson.com

Clean and charming penmanship. This would be really great with color.

IR

Looks good

Very nice! Clean and efficient.
    I'm fond of the illustrated title and squid .

Guild Apprentice

"Really neat map. I like the style that you have used for the ship, I am not sure I have seen that before. That forest technique I have always found hard to use but you seem to have fit it in really well here. I believe you may have missed an interior line on the lake in the top left though (with the waterfall). There are lines on the other ones but not there."

About the lake in the mountain, yes, I noticed that after. I've since corrected it, and made a few more changes, but I haven't taken an updated scan of the map since.

The ship was tricky. I basically married a few features of different kinds of ships to get what I wanted - a seafaring culture that wasn't as far advanced in shipbuilding as say in the Golden Age of Piracy.

Thanks for the kind words.
    Last edited by BordersoftheRealm; 03-27-2021 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Meant to quote.

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Really nice work - I always admire folks who can do a good hand-drawn map. The only little nitpick I have is that the 'font size' for the island names and the sea are all the same, so it creates a bit of confusion on what the island names signify.
    Yep, that's one of the things I have listed on my "do better next time" notes. Thanks for the kind words. Glad you like it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast