Thread: Importing Images into Fractal Terrain 3

Question Importing Images into Fractal Terrain 3

Hi everyone this is my first post! Anyways here is my situation. My father had an image of a map. It's currently a JPEG but can be easily converted to other formats. He wants to somehow import this image into Fractal Terrain 3 and get a global view of his map.

Is this possible and if so How Do I do it? If this is not possible, are there any other ways to do so? If you need more specific information just let me know!

Thanks!
    -Whomprat

Import it as an image overlay (Image Overlays>>Show Overlay Window, click Add, click Import Color Image, pick your file, and start clicking OK and Close until the image appears on the main display) followed by setting the projection to Orthographic (right-click on the main map window, select Change Map Projection, and pick Orthographic from the list followed by OK). FT3 assumes that inputs are in the Equirectangular projection. If not, you'll need to reproject the image to get it to that projection. There are lots of ways to go about it, but one of the simpler that I've found is called ReprojectImage and can be downloaded from http://www.fracterra.com/ReprojectImage.zip if you'd like to give it a try.

Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Import it as an image overlay (Image Overlays>>Show Overlay Window, click Add, click Import Color Image, pick your file, and start clicking OK and Close until the image appears on the main display) followed by setting the projection to Orthographic (right-click on the main map window, select Change Map Projection, and pick Orthographic from the list followed by OK). FT3 assumes that inputs are in the Equirectangular projection. If not, you'll need to reproject the image to get it to that projection. There are lots of ways to go about it, but one of the simpler that I've found is called ReprojectImage and can be downloaded from http://www.fracterra.com/ReprojectImage.zip if you'd like to give it a try.
    Thank you so much! Hopefully this works! I'll keep you (this thread) updated as to if it works or not and any complications that follow.

-Whomprat