Thread: City on a Tarrasque

Default City on a Tarrasque

Commission

New to this so not too sure how much I should be asking for, give me a ball park figure in your replies?

Subject

A City on a gargantuan stone construct mostly in the shape of a Tarrasque(DND 5e). The body of the construct has been excavated in places for resources and expansion, while on its back lies the city in question, Sealy Inc. Corp.
    The City spans approximately 1 kilometer in length and is build to facilitate trade, with all the neccessary infrastructure aiming to support that. Areas like Markets, Auction Halls, Guild Halls, Warehouses, as well as communal worker facilities and separate guest facilities.

A few areas that need to be shown: The Bridge and viewing gallery on/in the head of the Construct, a Trade Prince's Palace smack dab in the centre of the city, and magically fueled elevators/ gondolas that run down its sides.

Style

I am looking for a stylized map with an Isometric view

Quality & Size

[Professional / semi professional]
    [Required for print / web]
    [Dimensions of map: A3]
    [Raster]

Copyright

I would like reproduction rights to the map. The Artist would retain the copyright to this map and use it for whatever else they wish. There's a disturbing lack of kaijus cities on the internet and I wish to see it otherwise.

Contact Details

Post on the thread with your ballpark figure and portfolio and contact details. I'll contact you through email probably.

Hi there Anskotan,

I've done isometric illustration before, and I can thoroughly get behind the idea of kaiju cities... my standard rates are here, and I can be contacted at ryan@ryansthomason.com.

Hi Anskotan

I'm interested in this commission, isometric city maps have become somewhat of a speciality of mine and this sounds like a particularly interesting one. You can view my portfolio here. The following 3 maps are particularly relevant for this commission, when viewing them keep in mind that they are all drawn at A4 size. At A3 size and for a city around 1km across the map would roughly be at the same level of detail as the "City of Hollace" map. I also have another isometric map that I am currently in the early stages of creating, you can view a work in progress shot of this on my instagram.

City of Hollace
    Wealdwell Island
    The village of Spring

In terms of pricing, isometric maps are quite time consuming to draw. For a colour map at A3 size, I would expect to spend 25 - 30 hours working on it so at my non-commercial rate this would come out to somewhere in the range of $330 to $390 (USD). Once the details of the map have been hashed out in more detail I can give you a final price.

You can contact me through the form on my website or by emailing me at minishcartography@gmail.com if you are interested and we can go over your requirements in more detail.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.