Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Kingdom of Rasfadal

This is an excellent map, great work. The style is very well executed.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

This is a slap in the face ! As a fan of the KCD style, I find this even better (by far). I think there's some influence from the last witcher maps, right?
    In short : absolutely gorgeous!!!

Oh man, the deeper you look at this, the more gorgeous it gets! One of my new favourite maps.

As I said before, you really outdid yourself with this one. Awesome style, and the care put into it really shows. Great colours and texturing, and I especially enjoy the style of the forests. Awesome map, truly!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

I just love all the "cliffs" (I don't quite know how to describe it, the landslides with the trees). You don't usually see these on a map and they are lovely! Wonderful map!
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

Guild Member

Awesome! I really love maps like this. Just fires the imagination. When I look at this I'm not just looking at a map. I'm riding through the Feylin Forest to go check out that ring. I'm standing on the walls of Derwon, looking at the mountains to the west. I'm exploring The Swamps or the markets of Hofendal. This is the kind of map I love most. Not a dry representation of terrains, elevations & so forth. Rather a living, breathing world full of stories & adventures just waiting to be discovered. There's a place for a good, practical map. One that simple & efficiently helps you navigate from A to B. But what my soul craves is maps like this & many of the other amazing works of art I find here with the guild. You & all the other wonderful, talented people here really brighten up my life sharing your work. I may be stuck in a small town living a humdrum life but thanks to you guys whole new worlds are open to explore & dream of. Thank you.

WOW! I don`t know how miss this topic, but it`s awesome

As it has been said, the respect of the medieval setting is impeccable. Great job !
    Last edited by Marc Moureau; 05-05-2021 at 01:48 PM.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Very nice map, with a very particular style... Very few shadows, the reliefs are less visible, but it gives it this "old map" aspect that is completed by the drawings of the crowned heads and the coats of arms, all in the same style. A very nice achievement. I also like the details, the fields, the towns and villages. The border is also beautiful and reinforces this style... I like of course particularly the castle of the border : very successful... And also the idea of the particular texture for the sea... It's all this that makes me really like this map and its particularities. It's a great success! Bravo !

Quote Originally Posted by Andarr View Post
    This map is really great, I love the style.
    Beautiful job with the border
    Thank you Andarr!

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    This is an excellent map, great work. The style is very well executed.
    Thanks! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    This is a slap in the face ! As a fan of the KCD style, I find this even better (by far). I think there's some influence from the last witcher maps, right?
    In short : absolutely gorgeous!!!
    Hope it didn't hurt Thanks Ilanthar and yes, there's defintely some influence from the Witcher too

Quote Originally Posted by TimetoDraw View Post
    Oh man, the deeper you look at this, the more gorgeous it gets! One of my new favourite maps.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    As I said before, you really outdid yourself with this one. Awesome style, and the care put into it really shows. Great colours and texturing, and I especially enjoy the style of the forests. Awesome map, truly!
    Thanks again Kell!

Quote Originally Posted by Mimine View Post
    I just love all the "cliffs" (I don't quite know how to describe it, the landslides with the trees). You don't usually see these on a map and they are lovely! Wonderful map!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by SharpPointyStick View Post
    Awesome! I really love maps like this. Just fires the imagination. When I look at this I'm not just looking at a map. I'm riding through the Feylin Forest to go check out that ring. I'm standing on the walls of Derwon, looking at the mountains to the west. I'm exploring The Swamps or the markets of Hofendal. This is the kind of map I love most. Not a dry representation of terrains, elevations & so forth. Rather a living, breathing world full of stories & adventures just waiting to be discovered. There's a place for a good, practical map. One that simple & efficiently helps you navigate from A to B. But what my soul craves is maps like this & many of the other amazing works of art I find here with the guild. You & all the other wonderful, talented people here really brighten up my life sharing your work. I may be stuck in a small town living a humdrum life but thanks to you guys whole new worlds are open to explore & dream of. Thank you.
    Thank you! That's hight praise and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed exploring the map! That's all I can hope to offer

Quote Originally Posted by Harrg View Post
    WOW! I don`t know how miss this topic, but it`s awesome
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Moureau View Post
    As it has been said, the respect of the medieval setting is impeccable. Great job !
    Thank you Marc!

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Very nice map, with a very particular style... Very few shadows, the reliefs are less visible, but it gives it this "old map" aspect that is completed by the drawings of the crowned heads and the coats of arms, all in the same style. A very nice achievement. I also like the details, the fields, the towns and villages. The border is also beautiful and reinforces this style... I like of course particularly the castle of the border : very successful... And also the idea of the particular texture for the sea... It's all this that makes me really like this map and its particularities. It's a great success! Bravo !
    Thank Jo! Very happy to hear I managed to achieve the 'Old Map' feel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12