Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lands of Eleron

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Very successful! A beautiful map, very busy but still readable. I really like the way you inserted the labels into the landscape, either by transparency or by similarity of colours. The continent is very diverse and I think you have treated the different geographical areas very well... Your style is now very assertive, recognizable among thousands... Very nice work, the customer must be happy ... I hope he doesn't feel like a pigeon with a french fry ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Moureau View Post
    Glad to finally see more of your maps around here, Thomas !

This is good and consistent work, as usual.
    Merci beaucoup Marc, I have a backlog of maps that need to be posted here but hardly find the time to log in these days, gotta fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Very successful! A beautiful map, very busy but still readable. I really like the way you inserted the labels into the landscape, either by transparency or by similarity of colours. The continent is very diverse and I think you have treated the different geographical areas very well... Your style is now very assertive, recognizable among thousands... Very nice work, the customer must be happy ... I hope he doesn't feel like a pigeon with a french fry ?
    Merci beaucoup Joël (et merci pour ton soutien indéfectible malgré mes réponses trop sporadiques) !

Yeah, labelling is really not my favorite part of mapmaking (to be honest, I love when clients want maps without labels) it is tricky and hide hard work It really makes my day that you think I've developed some kind of signature style. There is more consistency in my work but I often fear it's starting to lack originality or innovation. Less time for personal experiences leads to this problem I guess. And you should know no one can be more happy than a pigeon with a French fry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12