Thread: Diamants, a map for a novel

Map Diamants, a map for a novel

Hi Guildmates !

Long time no see ... The past year has been crazy for everyone and I ended up drastically cutting down my Guild time for many reasons (teaching from home with two younglings, caring for a new born, working on a large amount of maps too and wanting to spend less time in front of a screen) roaming the forums but interacting very little.

I was recently (gently) threatened of dire consequences by our Scarlet Lady, the one and only ChickPea (don't believe me she's innocent) if I did not come back and share a little so, here I am.

Let's start with a B&W map drawn for a French novel by French author Vincent Tassy : Diamants. It's a fantasy novel with a gothic/romantic vibe, written my a master wordsmith. It was a fun little map drawn in a hurry in two weeks and I especially had a ton of fun with the border which was way out of my comfort zone and the compass was a fun one too.

Here it is and, as always, every critic is welcome

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Final post.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	399.9 KB 
ID:	129421
    © Thomas REY - 2020 - All rights reserved

I hope you like it and I'll post some more in the next weeks (got a pretty big pile of maps waiting to be shown, some that will have to wait a bit more).

Cheers !

Thomas

Great map, I love the border and compass, and the big pit in the middle.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks great - and welcome back sounds like an interesting story with that big hole in the middle of the map - lovely work
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Welcome back! The border looks great and is definitely different from your other maps I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by wminish View Post
    Great map, I love the border and compass, and the big pit in the middle.
    Thanks a lot wminish The classic/tudor (?) look of the ornaments was a nice experience and this pit does have an ominous feel, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    Looks great - and welcome back sounds like an interesting story with that big hole in the middle of the map - lovely work
    Thanks tilt, it feels good to be back and give back to the community And thanks for your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Welcome back! The border looks great and is definitely different from your other maps I have seen.
    Thanks Arimel It is, indeed. I still feel it lacks a little something but it was a rushed job so, all in all, it works well enough.

Great work! And such a nice frame .

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great work! And such a nice frame .
    Merci tout plein Julien