Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apr/may '21 lite challenge: Doc. Von Bogie and the Cartographers' Clinic

Wip Apr/may '21 lite challenge: Doc. Von Bogie and the Cartographers' Clinic

Hi all, the idea of this map came to me for the last "shape" challenge of past year.
    Doctor Von Bogie study:
    "Look at this image! Tell me what you see."
    Doctor gave the shape to his new patient. After a rapid look, the man started to draw with a fineliner over the sheet. The doctor looked at it, analyzing his corporal expressions. The patient was totally absorbed by his task, his pupils dilated and the drawing hand moving quickly. He already saw those symptoms in others patients, but to be 100% sure he had to wait to see the final result.
    After a long time, the man gave back the sheet to Von Bogie. The doctor looked at the modified image and after a while said:
    "Dear, I undoubtely know what affects you! This irresistible impulse to draw maps after the minimum inspiration is called -the cartographer syndrome-. There is only one place where you can feel better."
    The doctor took a business card from his desktop and gave it to the patient.
    "The Cartographers' Clinic is the best, here you will find all the information about it. My job with you is now finished, good luck!"

(sorry for my english)

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210501_160517.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	129536

Wip

An update... I will do this map directly with pens (the only pencil is the shape) to simulate what the patient in the story did... like a sketch.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	20210502_000728.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	4.30 MB 
ID:	129538

Love the story!! Welcome to the challenge Simkin!!

Wip

Thank you doc.... ehm... Bogie.

An update of the mapping process

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	20210503_123156.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	4.76 MB 
ID:	129566

Inking almost done... tomorrow I will scan the map and think about the final details.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	20210504_004617.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	4.50 MB 
ID:	129586

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I hope that this syndrome is not infectious because, if so, I fear for those around me.
    This looks great. I like all the little details.

Wip

I don't know if it is contagious Arimel, no one who knows me has showned symtoms, but probably because I'm not a good cartographer!

And now the final version af my map:

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	dvbcc.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	3.01 MB 
ID:	129592

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really great entry here. I don't know how I skimmed over it earlier but that portrait is... well... I hope its not too realistic .

If you don't mind, here are some corrections for your sentences at the bottom.

The patient has been directed (best word I can think of here. Derived does not fit the context)
    The map on this page is the one that...
    patient spelled without the 'e' on the end.
    Beyond that it looks great (these are all rather minor fixes and if they were intended as the Dr.'s shorthand than I am sorry for presuming too much)!

Wip

Thank you Arimel, I appreciate your help... I always translate too literal from italian (and always make typing mistakes!!)

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	dvbcc.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	129594
    Last edited by Simkin; 05-04-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Love the details, it looks great. The Dr. Von Bogie illustration is both cool and creepy! The irony here is that I actually am a doctor (obviously you are Psychic), and the coincidence is you mentioning you are Italian and just 30 minutes ago I was telling my daughter some stories of the time I was in Italy (Rome, Florence, Naples/Pompeii) in 1970.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast