Thread: Cormyr Map for Ghost of Saltmarsh - Forgotten Realms

Map Cormyr Map for Ghost of Saltmarsh - Forgotten Realms

Hello everyone!

As a DM, finding the perfect map for your D&D campaign can be challenging. In this case, I wanted a map of Cormyr with the town with the area surrounding the town of Saltmarsh incorporated into the coast line.

So I made my own! Based on Mike Schley's definitive Cormyr map from Dragon Magazine #365, this map is perfect for any Ghost of Saltmarsh campaigns set in the Forgotten Realms!

Let me know what you think!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cormyr - Final - Web.png 
Views:	346 
Size:	6.95 MB 
ID:	129831
    Last edited by BrassArt; 05-19-2021 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Fixed attached image
    Like my maps? Check out the rest of my work on:

DeviantArt

Instagram

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really nice and clear map! It took me a while to find Saltmarsh though . I guess that is a reflection of my familiarity with this setting.

Nice! I can definitely see the Schley influence on the style. The shading on the mountains and hills is a bit too saturated for my taste, but other than that this looks good. Love the texturing on the water!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Really nice and clear map! It took me a while to find Saltmarsh though . I guess that is a reflection of my familiarity with this setting.
    Thank you for the kind words! Saltmarsh is actually a town from the Greyhawk setting, making this map a bit non-canonical, but it was a fun project to bring this alternative version of this region of the realms to life!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Nice! I can definitely see the Schley influence on the style. The shading on the mountains and hills is a bit too saturated for my taste, but other than that this looks good. Love the texturing on the water!
    Now that you mention it, I see what you mean. I'd actually toned it down from where it was at originally, but it could have benefited from being toned down by another 10-15% shift in opacity for the shading. Ah well, you live and learn. Thanks for the kind words!
    Like my maps? Check out the rest of my work on:

DeviantArt

Instagram

Great Map! I love the Forgotten Realms!

Assuming it wasn't intentional, you forgot to label Minroe.