Thread: Forum apps

Default Forum apps

Is Tapatalk the only app that can view/post to the Guild forum from a phone?

I am annoyed with the app lately because it's started playing intrusive video ads, even when it's in the background. One started up while my phone was in my pocket!

So, are there any good alternatives out there?

From my phone I just use desktop version of the site through a browser. The buttons do end up a little small but you can just zoom in when you need to. I tried the mobile view of the site for a while but there were issues with some buttons not working.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

I do the same as wminish and request the desktop version of the site. It's fine for browsing, though I don't really type comments on my phone. Possibly the mobile version would be better for that. I've never used Tapatalk.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

The desktop version on the phone is alright for quick comments but I wouldn't use it for more complex or long posts. Both my replies on this thread are from my phone though.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I used Tapatalk some years ago, but now I'm just checking the site on my pc. Found Tapatalk a little more difficult to use then, and I guess it's not any better today. If I would check the site on my phone I'd do the same as ChickPea and go for the desktop version in the browser.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Do most of my stuff here from my phone. As wminish said, not ideal for longer/more complicated posts, but my work around for that is to type things up in note pad (or something similar) then transfer the text file to the phone, open it there, select all, then paste here. If I need italics or some such, I tend to include the code for that in the text file.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges