Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
Yes, it's way more obvious for me.
And I was indeed thinking of the second one (TST). The third solution is less synthetic but interesting and well done as well.
Thanks for posting back.

Working backwards, the third set was made square so--in it's own appendix/compendium chapter--as I tell the story of the grid system, when I get to the part where it explains the designers solution...one page is the top image with a paragraph of explanation below, the next page is the second image+paragraph, third the third one and so on as I tell the story, but each of those images and their associated explanations are one page after the other.

The second one, though I just slapped it together for your suggestion, I could do as well I suppose if it helps...something like an image graphic without the text, and add it to the same chapter.

In addition to that chapter, there is a glossary for the government terms, which includes every term for the CAGS system (Consolidated America (sanctuary east) Grid (reference) System).

Finally, all the other maps (showing the city-state as a whole, flood changes, territory changes, individual character routes, etc.) are used in the story on pages or in a 'map appendix/compendium area'.

I've made a LOT of maps, hehe.

So, knowing that, do you think I should add the second image (better done) to the set, perhaps in the CAGS chapter--along with those others in the third example?

Thanks for your help!

K2