“Ah, so you want to hear of the great heroes of the world, do you? Here, for another ale I’ll tell you of Arimel, the great explorer [and cartographer of course ], who passed through this very village nye on 100 years ago. Thousands of tales do I know on him that I could recant for you this eve,” the young minstrel responded to my query.
“Oh take a break Thurngold. Everyone has heard those tales already. Even the poorest minstrel could recant them,” his gristly mentor interrupted. “Here is a story, young’in that is less well known. Let me tell you the tales of Arimel the lesser.”

Okkkk. So I have been meaning to do this for several weeks now but have been having trouble formulating a good character story. I think I have one now though which shall unfold over the next couple of weeks or beyond.
Arimel the lesser will be one of your classic protagonist, working for the little people in a land plagued with war. He will probably be a priest/paladin/noble warrior/healer/I am still thinking! I don't want to concrete anything beyond this just yet (or give away too many spoilers!) so I won't go much further than that.

I do have a couple of questions though for anyone who is more versed in the guildworld lore than I though.

1. What is the name of the guildworld? Is it just Guildworld or does it have a fancier name? This does not really partake to my entry here, I am just curious!
2. I need a country/region to set my character in. It needs to be one plagued (or at least at some point in the past) by war. There would need to be at least two clear identifiable parties (separate kingdoms, warring princes etc.) that I can use as the antagonists here (though not necessarily evil, just willing to tear a region apart to kill each other). It would also be good if it was not a land that is merely a colony of somewhere else (which is why I am looking beyond my country (57?)). If anyone has any suggestions as to a country that would work please let me know - the information for each country is too large to just go surfing on a whim!