Thread: Modified time zone map

Default Modified time zone map

Hello there. As the subject says, I'm looking for a map showing modified time zones. Because I see a lot of back-and-forth for this project, and because it will involve a pretty detailed view of a world map, I think $200 would be fair. I apologize in advance if this is too low for a project of this size, and I'm definitely open to negotiating the price.

Subject

The basic idea for this map is that the time zones will be as straight as possible, with the international date line set at 168.41W and each subsequent line at 15 degree intervals. The vertical boundaries of the map would be 70N and 70S. I have made a mockup of what this would look like here. However, just at a glance there are a couple of problem spots, such as in Minneapolis, Munich, and Kuala Lumpur. This is where the back-and-forth comes in, as I'd like to discuss about what to do about these spots along the time zone borders.

Style

I'd like a stylized political map, such as this one, with city and country labels. I don't need this exact styling, that can be left up to the artist.

Quality and Size

I'm looking for something big enough to zoom in like with the link above, which is about 4000x2000 pixels. If possible, I'd like to add a couple more cities than that map so it may need to be a bit bigger, but that's more of a want than a need.

Time Constraints

No time constraints.

Copyright

As this is just a personal project, I don't require the copyright to the image.

Contact

Please contact me at my username on this forum, at gmail.com.

Blog Entries

I think accepting that you don't need the copyright is a good move and makes it much more likely that you will get the commission at your price point.

Sorry, it's my first time here so I'm not really sure how much a project of this size should cost. Like I said, I'm very open to negotiating the price if it's too low.

This commission has been taken, could an admin please mark it as such? Thank you.