Okay, looks like it's been a while since I last updated this thread. The past half year been crazy busy for me. The good kind of busy (I'm definitely not complaining!) but it did mean that mapping sort of went on the backburner for a while. I still did some work on this map from time to time, but maybe a few hours a month as compared to my usual 50-ish hours per month that I spend on mapping.

But! Since I felt I had kept client waiting long enough (they were very understanding, but still!), I decided to take three days off from the muggle job and spend all of them on this map. In all I managed to get about 20 hours of work done. Phew!

Okay, let's give you an overview of what I added since my last update here on CG, back in June:
  • Turtle Shell (the neighbourhood housing turtles, with the buildings shaped like giant turtle shells);
  • Toad Hollow (a bunch of buildings literally made from drooping mud);
  • The Fishbowl (a giant fish tank rising a dozen stories above street level, complete with two shipwrecks);
  • Capitol Hill (in the southeast: a rocky outcrop with a number of Roman-style government buildings on top, and a bunch of houses crammed around it);
  • Kitty Corner (a giant scratching post, with blocky volumes interconnected with cilindrical elevator shafts covered in hemp rope);
  • Chipmunk Court (a supertall pine forest)
  • Pig Pen (a large neighbourhood with the poorest pigs living in the SW corner in straw huts, the middleclass pigs living in wooden houses and the ultrarich pigs in their brick mansions among their factories);
  • the Dog Pound (a European-style neighbourhood with huge fire hydrants in 4 colours allowing dog people of 4 genders to answer the call of nature);
  • Squirrel Nook (another pine forest, albeit smaller and with a different type of trees);
  • Mole Hole (on the face a field of grass with a bunch of molehills, but underground there's a massive city);
  • Vulture Village (with a nice craggy rock in the middle and a bunch of dead trees for the vultures to sit on. Oh yeah, the houses are made from bone);
  • Skunk Shacks (based on the Pepe LePew version of France, including an Eifel Tower and an Arc de Triomphe);
  • Woodpecker Willows (another little forest, this time with decidious trees);
  • Fox Hollow (an English architecture village-within-the-city with tons of fox burrows);
  • the Otter Box (a large body of water with clumps of otter houses on floating platforms);
  • Wolf's Den (a series of rocky hills with caves. On top of the highest hill there's an observatory with a telescope aimed right at the next neighbourhood); and finally
  • the Sheep Pen (not so romantic as it sounds: a neighbourhood filled with textile factories, with tenements built on top that house the sheep workers).

Bonus points if you can identify all of them on the map without a key!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toonsville (2021.12.09a).jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	132074

And that's all I have for now. It's progressing nicely, but I still have to add 75 more neighbourhoods, so don't hold your breath just yet!