Thread: [Professional] World Map earth size- either in Atlas style [$1000]

Post [Professional] World Map earth size- either in Atlas style [$1000]

Hello!

[Commission]

Price is a random big number- I don't know how much this stuff costs. I have enough money to pay for what I want, even if it's a bit more than that. Please contact me via email at mrwizard71 -- at --- gmail.com (at= @, no -). I'll pay via Paypal or your service of choice.

Subject

Here are some various images. The world is earth size, on a globe. There are four main continents and a LOT of smaller islands. I'd ideally be looking for a purely geographic atlas map. A digital version I can zoom on is the most critical part, I'm not sure how that translates to inches for scale. I'd ideally be able to zoom from the world map (25000 at the equator) to one grid hex (2083-mile square) without losing too much fidelity, which to me suggests a very large image- probably 4k. The digital height map (reds) is a flat projection of a globe- it's a bit distorted. I have more hand-drawn stuff and would want to call to talk about it and see samples of past work before I committed.

Style

I am looking for a map in the following style https://www.worldofelyden.com/the-inner-sea. Obviously less detail; specifically no roads, cities, or habitation details in the slightest. I plan to use the map for multiple campaigns set in different times within the same geographic world, so I will stick my roads and cities on top of it myself.

The world is not fixed- except in specific areas people have already explored, much of the detail will be up to you.

Quality and size

Professional- 4k image, landscape orientation. Vector, mostly for digital use, though I might end up printing sections to doodle on.

Time

No time constraint, ideally I'd like it by the end of the summer.

Copyright
    None- share it as much as you want. You can retain copyright if that's important to you.

Beastly. Well, you don't want me for this one, as I don't vector much. Try Eowyn, she does vector topography in a realistic encyclopedia style. https://eowyncwper.com/en/

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    Beastly. Well, you don't want me for this one, as I don't vector much. Try Eowyn, she does vector topography in a realistic encyclopedia style. https://eowyncwper.com/en/
    Yeah I figured this one was going to be a bit bigger than most requests. Is there a reason you're a raster person? I frankly don't understand the differences enough to make it a hard requirement.

Thanks for the lead, shot off an email.

mark this as taken, thanks mods!

Quote Originally Posted by mrwizard70 View Post
    Yeah I figured this one was going to be a bit bigger than most requests. Is there a reason you're a raster person? I frankly don't understand the differences enough to make it a hard requirement.

Thanks for the lead, shot off an email.
    Hope you made a quality connection and get the art of your dreams!

In answer to the question, though irrelevant to this commission now, I do a bit of vector but the logic of it is fairly different. Vector feels like putting together LEGO and Raster feels like traditional art forms. I like the energy I get with my lines better when I do them in raster versus vector. They still have that sketchy life instead of being precise and polished to digital perfection. So, I'll do vector for something small and sci-fi, like I've used it to make tanks, space ships. For something this big, though, I think I'd just feel exhausted, and I know there are other artists that will thrive on doing exactly what it is that you wanted, and indeed, you found someone!

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!