Thread: First cartography contribution for eons - bear with me

Guild Novice Guild Supporter

Default First cartography contribution for eons - bear with me

Hello everybody,

this is my first map I created in CC3+ ever
    I've bought the software about 10y ago and never used it until a year ago, when the pandemic started and our DnD group started playing on roll20.

What I remember was I didn't got the layer system of the software and messed it up a bit.... okay a lot professionally speaking.
    It was an impromptu campaign I've designed on this map as our group paused our "big campaign" we've been playing for some years.

So I took a leap, created this very basic map and my friends enjoyed my war driven campaign, where Orcs invaded the lands and the group needed to find some seals to gain victory over a champion of Tharizdun. (In Roll20 I've just placed some fires on the towns to visualise burnt villages)

Here are some translations of the locations from left to right and up to down:
    Holzdorf=Lumber Village
    Wiesenschoen=Beauty Meadows
    Blitzstrom=Lightning River
    Nordpracht=Northern Pride
    Fruehstadt=Early City
    Schoensee=Beauty Lake
    Querfeld=Cross Fields
    Sturmfelde=Storm Fields
    Trutzberg=Defence Mountain
    Tiefsee=Deep Sea
    Seehof=Sea Court
    Drachenpass=Dragonpass

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2t3u0lbljlw41.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	130155

Now, as a side effect the fabric of time and space has been tored apart and an entrance to hell was opened.

While the dwarves and humans are trying to investigate how to seal the entrance to hell again, they let the adventurers go through as they were eager doing so.
    Two hourglasses were created to keep track of time. One for the party and one for the others to watch over. The party has 14 days to complete their journey and mission in hell, otherwise they will be trapped in hell.
    On a sidenote, everything even main campaign is and was not based on any DnD lore - maybe beside the gods and races.

The group wanted an encore and I recreated hell with Doom '93+'94 figures in mind:

So except the pistol+shotgun grunts, I've created tokens with Pinky Demons, Lost Souls, Imps, Cacodemons and so on and designed some badass powers for them. When trying to charm them all the demons are immune and have a feat named "Wrong Attitude!" where the caster gets psychic dmg and disadvantage on his/her next saving throw. Or Pinkys enrage when they get feared and make more damage. Lost Souls explode on death dealing force+fire damage. Rahovarts can summon Lost Souls and releasing two of them on death. Archviles can reanimate (recharge4+) corpses to full life. And Revenants are lurkers with two recharge attacks. Still designing the endboss, Astarot, a gargantuan demon.

Attachment 130163

What you see here is the overview of a shard of a planar existence, taken over by the demon Astarot and his hordes. And on the upper right corner are the ingame days.

And what the party does not know yet, that these devilish fiends once mated humans and therefore created the tieflings as "breeding animal" to farm them for their souls, creating precious astral diamonds.
    What will the party do?
    Just vanquish the overlord and keep all the broken tieflings to their misery in this domain?
    Or will they have compassion trying to help them flee to their own, prosperous world?
    Here are the translated names of the "villages":

Tieflava: Deep Lava
    Teufelsenge: Poky Devil
    Sündenpfuhl: Gomorrah (fig), Hotbed of Sin
    Rauchende Ecke: Smoking Edge
    Schwefelbruch: Sulfur Quarry
    Höhlenpass: Cavern Pass

Regards
    Soulprayer
    Last edited by Soulprayer; 06-15-2021 at 01:21 PM.