Thread: Continent of Teppri across 1100 years, just for fun

Guild Apprentice

Post Continent of Teppri across 1100 years, just for fun

Hello friends!

I've recently been AWOL as a result of some technical issues, but glad to be back with you here. I'm still working on some more detailed maps, but in the meantime I spun up a few that I wanted to share with you. One of my D&D groups is starting a new campaign and I thought rather than changing the setting, I'd simply change the time it takes place in. So my players are headed back in time by 1000 years, which gives me an opportunity to bulk out the history lore of my setting. So I present those maps for you here:

We start in 3580 CE. In the west of the continent, an archipelago of islands is bound together by a political alliance known as the Triumvirate. On the mainland, the north is dominated by the massive Fjaeran Empire, a huge arctic holding in which rests the enclave nation of Alvari - floating mountain of the storm giants. Various other nations clamour for the rest of the continent. The Nehderan League is a loose hegemony of city-states established in the thick and dangerous Great Forest of Sylweald, which remains largely unsettled. The newly formed nation of Skenesos has made quick gains on the isthmus in the centre of the continent, but struggles to gain ground fighting with Techiuali, the Realm of the Sun Elves.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Teppri3580.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	130169

100 years later, an internal crisis has collapsed the Fjaeran Empire into five fractured nations. The Orean Federation has become the first direct democracy on the continent, with equal representation across all races. The Axian Empire has taken advantage of the political turmoil and made large gains, taking former Fjaeran land. Zahra, in the east, has annexed the nation of Ayatena and Usak on the ithsmus has claimed Skenesosian territory while Skenesos was distracted pushing into Techiuali. The Nehderan League has made small progress contacting and allying small communities in the forests.

Name:	Teppri3680.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	130172

A millennia later, the landscape has changed, but some names are familiar. Ilitetawa is the only nation to remain wholly unchanged, having written into its Constitution that it would never conquer new lands if left in peace. Mountains on three sides help that assertion immensely. Skenesos eventually signed a treaty with the Sun Elves and became custodians of their hermitage as they withdrew from the world. Zahra collapsed when a lich's curse stopped the main river from flowing, and Daimeremos assumed control of the continent's largest desert. The island of Enisti was unified in around 4000 CE after the capital of Vanlati, Tolemi, collapsed due to a plague and some magical nonsense.

Name:	Teppri.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	130160

This has just been a little window into my madness, I hope you enjoyed! Comments and feedback are always appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	18 
ID:	130161   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Teppri3680.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	130162   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	23 
ID:	130164  
    Last edited by patamei; 06-16-2021 at 01:48 AM.

Just chiming in here to say this is very impressive! The maps are attractive and user-friendly if the goal is to understand the political geography of the time. Curious what other maps you've got of this region, or elsewhere in the world.

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Tiluchi View Post
    Just chiming in here to say this is very impressive! The maps are attractive and user-friendly if the goal is to understand the political geography of the time. Curious what other maps you've got of this region, or elsewhere in the world.
    Thank you very much! You can see my other completed map (in a very different and more detailed style) for Daimeremos as it exists in 4680 here. I hope you like it!

I hadn't seen that before- truly fantastic work! Love seeing that level of detail put into worldbuilding. It's certainly aspirational