Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commemmorating my time buidling/preparing/overseeing COVID Test Sites

Default Tiana Reply

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    I could make a map for you. Of course I have a fantasy map portfolio which has my fancy art in it that you can check out, but I have a secondary mapping skill set that would adapt to what you want well.

1) I know how to get and work with the actual data for northern UK, so you can have an accurate map of the region based on its current data.

2) I have made modern maps with many, many data points. I'm actually working on one now. I don't tend to drop them into my portfolio because they're not my biggest selling feature but I've made multiple maps that are "a modern location with a high density of points of interest"

This is one I'm working on right now with 43 points of interest that will be noted on it, made with OSM street data, for an upcomining non-fiction book about Windsor Ontario's history.
    Attachment 130213

Could probably come up with something that lies between this "non-fiction" map style I use for non-fiction books for Canadian publishers, and the fancy fantasy art maps. My solution is to do an inset if one area has too high of an amount of legend nodes to be legible, like I did for this map, for a non-fiction book called 100 Miles of Baseball, where there were just too many nodes in the Detroit region requiring an inset to show it properly.

Attachment 130214

Of course these aren't my fanciest maps by a longshot, but they do both manage quite a lot of data on a contemporary street map. We can probably meet in the middle, by adding stylization appropriate to a more fanciful map if that's your desire, instead of modern fonts and simpler designs suitable to academic non-fiction.
    I like the Dark Blue map format, a little colour, but mostly text and heavy lines with the NORTH WEST of England north from Crewe to Carlisle Penines to Coast (arrows right for Leeds and Down for Lincoln and Nottingham). Can you let me know what the price would be for something suitble to print on A0 perhaps? jc.carleton at gmail dot com

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JCRugger View Post
    Your Suvonar map seems really nice, maybe with some kind of Icon to differentiate the walk-in vs Drive-in sites (numbered), and just a list below listed by date? Could you do a really large format? 36x48 perhaps? Could you send me a quote jc.carleton at gmail dot com?
    Sent a quote and some thoughts/answers over

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrix View Post
    Sent a quote and some thoughts/answers over
    Thank you! Reply forthcoming!

Default Commission Accepted

Quote Originally Posted by JCRugger View Post
    Thank you! Reply forthcoming!
    Looking forward to seeing the map as it develops! Commission taken.

Awesome map @Ifrix Thank you. Proudly hanging on my wall. Attachment 131449

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12