This challenge was to map a waterfront.

Rivdanalli is a little town on the small island called Noklick or Notclict, which maintains an independent existence between the spheres of the old Dual Monarchy of Gavorna and the Ascendancy of Nalbonna. While it rarely attracts major attention, Rivdanalli is a crossroads of the seas, always full of little schemes and intrigues, a common stopping-off point and recruiting ground for expeditions base and noble, legitimate and criminal. In short, it is a promising base of operations for a group of ambitious opportunists ready to take risks to improve their standing in the world.

Little islands on the coast not only make for a more interesting landform, they also draw attention to the nigh-eternal struggle between land and sea, normally a little outpost of stronger stone that has resisted (for the moment) the wearing erosion of the waves that has carved away the coast around it. They are testimonies to the geological processes constantly reshaping the world, mocking our attempts to capture reality in maps that will soon be outdated.

While the map was done in ink on paper, the legend was added digitally.

I'm really quite happy with my seahorse. As for the general design, I'm also quite happy with it. I did get the feeling that urban areas, with the need for lots of straight walls, are really better done digitally. The vehicles are not great, but as this was the first time I tried incorporating drawn vehicles into a map, I don't think I did too bad a job.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ravdanalli Port half size.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	130519