Thread: Commission for a Regional Fantasy Map

Default Commission for a Regional Fantasy Map

Introductions:

I am looking to commission a map for use in my upcoming campaign in a few months from now. While I have enough skill to create a very basic dungeon and an extremely basic idea of what my world looks like, I don't possess enough skill to get the results I want in the time-frame I desire. Hence I want to leave this one in the hands of someone who has actually taken the time to master such crafts. Now to steal the format that other posters have made before.

Setting:
    A fantasy jungle world that was formerly a resort world for a interplanar galactic-spanning type V civilization that has long since disappeared, with the universe currently undergoing heat death. Welcome to my studio Ghibli meets Berserk kinda world.

Project Scope:
    Starting with an archipelago that the players will start on, eventually the project may continue to the western mega continent that housed a global aztec-style empire a thousand years prior. But for now I want to focus on the archipelago for now, as that will be a very detailed landmass that houses multiple factions vying for power, safety, and land. Many of these factions function as city-states, protected by coastal fortresses or natural fortifications against the local wildlife, other city-states, or the occasional Kraken or other incredibly powerful creature from the main continent. Aside from that, there are also pirates, lizardmen, underdark critters, sahuagin raiders, etc. There are also known ruins throughout the area, and one or two 'towers of force wall' aka skyscrapers that still stand.

Tldr: An archipelago filled with jungles, mountains, city-states, and known ruins/dungeons.

You can see my attempt in the image below for an idea of what I'm looking for.

Number of Maps:
    For now, I need two larger maps that cover the archipelago, both in different styles.
    1) A regional overland map in colour that shows the geographical areas, marshes, deserts, jungle, the like, with towns and such. Depending on pricing, I may drop this one for now.
    2) A regional map of the archipelago as well, but in black and white (I guess antique Columbus era style would be accurate)

Technical:
    300 dpi at minimum, format I'll leave to the mapmaker to decide upon for best results.

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer.
    I plan to use them for personal use, but I do want to print actual copies too, and I'm thinking of trying to get them printed/transferred to a parchment for players to use.

Deadline:
    My campaign is set to begin in September 2021, so preferably by then.

Payment:
    $400, via Paypal upon delivery and acceptance of final work. A $100 preliminary payment can be made if required with the rest paid upon delivery of final work, but I will need to see initial rough draft.

Contact me through this thread or at my email. As this account is rather new, my PM access is not usable right now. That may change in the future though and I'll edit this to reflect that.
    adriac(dot)thomson(at)gmail(dot)com
    Please use the subject line D&D Map Commission

[Edit: Someone has taken the commission. I have no idea how to change the prefix, but for now this commission is taken.]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Mek'sveti Archipelago.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	130147
    Last edited by MurgianSwordsman; 06-15-2021 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Comission has been taken