Thread: Into the Wild

Wip Into the Wild

It has been a long time since the last time I did a map. I got it to point where I can start to refine and add more detail. What do you think?

"After the founding of Foggenburg many settlers arrived from the old empires, settling the coasts of the new continent. Everything was filled with promise. But soon it turned sour. Settlements further inland failed to prosper, stricken by plague or the failing of crops. Rangers reported about ancient ruins reclaimed by the land, cultures devoured by the force of nature. About 200 years after the founding communication and travel to the old world started to dwindle, giving the ruling ladies and lords ideas of power. A secession war started, the old world unwilling to cease control. The war was cut short by the appearance of a mysterious plague called the green blossom in the old world. Ten years later contact with the old world was lost. Now the Mante of Bestril rules from Foggenburg trying to keep his Storres in line and trying to find out what in Lugols name is going on."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Intothewild.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	904.5 KB 
ID:	129998

I particularly like your political boundaries. The gradient idea is elegantly implemented.

Well done.

Thank you very much cyanide_baby. Right now I have to further divide the "red" area. I will use this as a layered map in Worldanvil, in the end those areas use pop up information. I hope I can achieve that

Wip

I worked a bit on the presentation. I´ve got a heightmap so I put it to use. I´ve got my three colonies marked, the main one with the nine "Storremarks" showing up. I hope you like it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ItW_3D_Map.mantra1.0002.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	568.3 KB 
ID:	130237
    Last edited by Troedel; 06-20-2021 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Added WIP Tag