Hi Everyone

It's been a while since I've posted a work in progress here (one that isn't for a challenge anyway) so I thought I would share this new project. This is going to be the first glimpse of a world design that I've been thinking about for a while but up I think I've now fleshed out enough of the detail to start on this map, depending on how it goes there may well be more maps for this setting in the future.

A commission request that I saw a while ago got me thinking about cities on the backs of large creatures. Over time I started to build up a wider and more complex world around this original concept. This first map depicts a small city on the back of a giant land snail. The world I envisaged contains several large planes where different types of these creatures roam. The world itself is largely too dangerous for the humanoid races to settle fixed cities due to other large creatures that roam the world so the humanoids turned to the snails and the two species now rely on each other for survival. The land snails roam the planes and foothills providing the humanoids with fresh lands for foraging. The humanoids help keep the snails clean and parasite free and also provide additional force to help fight off hostile creatures.

Here is my current progress anyway, I had time to sit down for an hour or so this morning and flesh out the basic design.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	progress1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	130384