Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Athkatla - The City of Coin form D&D

Default Athkatla - The City of Coin form D&D

Hi, this time after four Warhammer cities I decided to draw something new. Here we are. The City of Coin, mighty capital of Amn - Athkatla.

City is fully handdrawn but all markes, frame and legend were added in gimp during postproduction. It is available to download for free on my deviantart, set and ready to print. Orignal size is A2.
    It is based on official info, walkthrough document for Baldur's Gate II and "Volo’s Guide to Baldur's Gate II". Of course as always, there are tons of "unofficial" places I've created.

Stay safe <3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Athkatla D&D City Map EnglishFB.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	6.11 MB 
ID:	130400

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Let me be the first to say that this is really impressive, love the colors you decided for and the overall design.
    Really stunning, must have taken a ton of time. Wow! Repped!
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That's pretty outstanding. Especially nice job blending in the labels etc with your hand-drawn work. It looks pretty seamless, which can be a hard effect to achieve. The only thing I'd suggest is maybe distress the lines of the outer border and the title a bit, maybe fade that black down, to make it integrate more fully with the rest.

This is looking great, like all your city maps. I could spend hours scrolling around looking at all the details.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really great details and colors as normal. Can't say I would much want to stay in the slime district though!

Edit: I also think you missed inking an island at the top of your river - there is still a pencil outline there

This map is so good. Great job. It's a map that really makes you want to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    That's pretty outstanding. Especially nice job blending in the labels etc with your hand-drawn work. It looks pretty seamless, which can be a hard effect to achieve. The only thing I'd suggest is maybe distress the lines of the outer border and the title a bit, maybe fade that black down, to make it integrate more fully with the rest.
    I will change that, thanks

Really great details and colors as normal. Can't say I would much want to stay in the slime district though!
    Edit: I also think you missed inking an island at the top of your river - there is still a pencil outline there
    Yep, good catch. Will fix it

Lovely, the way the landscape flows outside of the city makes the entire piece alive to me. Very impressive work. I'd love to see a WIP thread of your process.

IR

Quote Originally Posted by SteffenBrand View Post
    Let me be the first to say that this is really impressive, love the colors you decided for and the overall design.
    Really stunning, must have taken a ton of time. Wow! Repped!
    Yes, Around two months of working.

Lovely, the way the landscape flows outside of the city makes the entire piece alive to me. Very impressive work. I'd love to see a WIP thread of your process.
    IR
    I don't have materials for WIP thread, but there are some timpelapses and photos from "behind the scene" on my Instagram or Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast