Thread: Looking to bring a town to life in my Homebrew Campaign

Map Looking to bring a town to life in my Homebrew Campaign

Hello all! I am starting up a new campaign within my homebrew world and I am in need of an excellent map to start the players off in! Please find all important information pertaining the project below:

Commission:
    Please contact me at kyle.ballard3@gmail.com to discuss rates. I have a fairly flexible budget, but as I am rather inexperienced with commissioning maps I'd like to discuss with the artist what they would consider reasonable for this kind of project.

Subject:
    Lore/Background:
    This map takes place within the fantasy realm of Lapistum. It is a land riddled with deep chasms and ravines that look as if some angry god simply shattered the land like cheap pottery. Among the chasms and empty canyons are a myriad of plateaus (known as the Pillars of Peace) that litter the land. Every major pillar is connected by large bridges carved of stone. This map takes places on one such plateau that isn't so important. It is known as The Precarious Pillar and atop it is a single Loxodon and his shop, which he fondly calls The Dubious Collection of Curious Oddities. However his shop is not all that is appears; for when the proper passphrase is given he opens a well hidden door within his shop that leads to a winding stair case. Following this staircase directs you to the truth of The Precarious Pillar. It is a jubilant den of thieves, scoundrels, and all other sorts of ne'er-do-wells. Here the shady dealings of Lapistum are done in broad daylight. The inhabitants surrounded on all sides by massive pillars and the chasms connecting them.

Please find the sketch attached:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Precarious Pillar.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	130402

The spiraling lines around the base of the pillar is a large stone staircase carved from the pillar itself. The staircase rises into an oversized balcony that houses the DoƱa and her crew. Similar to the stair case most houses and shops are craved from the stone of the pillar seemingly hanging off the sides of the rocky outcroppings.

Sketch Key:
    1. The Feeding Pits
    2. The Dubious Collection of Curious Oddities
    3. The Hanging Car ( The Hangman)
    4. Barracks and Housing for the Fiend Riders
    5. Housing and Markets for the dwellers of The Pillar
    6. DoƱa Enya's Penthouse level
    7. The Heart of Gold ( The central tavern of The Pillar and gathering place of it's inhabitants. It is actually located within the center of the pillar with many exits leading out onto the staircase wrapping around it.)
    8. The Netherwind Keep (home to those who fail to follow the DoƱa's rules and the eventual members of the feeding pits)

Style:
    For style I was thinking something like the image linked below created by the talented John Stevenson:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Olympus.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	893.0 KB 
ID:	130403

Quality &Size:
    Professional or Semi-professional is fine by me
    This would be mainly for digital use, but I typically find A3 to be a good size to go with. Pixel wise 2k-4k is also a good sweet spot for the maps I typically use.

Time Constraints:
    Within the next three to four weeks would be ideal, but there isn't really a hard press for time as the campaign wont start up until this map is ready to go!

Copyright:
    I have no intentions of using this for commercial purposes. I just care to be able to use it within my personal dnd campaign. It wont be streamed in any form or fashion and is merely for personal enjoyment. Artist will have full rights otherwise.

Contact Details:

Please Contact me at kyle.ballard3@gmail.com if you are interested and have any questions about this project. This is the best place to reach me, but I will try to check here when I can.

I really like your idea. I doubt I could do it justice, but I like it. It reminds me of the Shattered Plains in the Stormlight Archive but the whole rock tower being used.

Hi all! Thank you everyone for your interest in this project. Had a lot of talented creators show interest! However, I have found the individual who will be working on this map. So if mods can please mark this as taken it would be much appreciated!

Thanks again all! I look forward to working with more of you in the future!