Thread: The Chain of Peace

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Map The Chain of Peace

Hey everyone!

This was a fun one. I was busy with this island chain map for 'Zarnia' when I felt inspired to try to create a hurricane for it. A fun challenge!

So, yeah, it's for a TTRPG stream on youtube of 'Legends of Storm's Eye'. A bunch of my fellow South Africans having fun telling their story.

Okay, hmmm, I think I will talk briefly about the process for the map. It's not super complicated actually. I have two texture layers, one for the land and one for the sea. Then there is a land layer and an ocean layer, and a bunch of other layers where I just added shadows and highlights to accentuate geographical features. Literally, the land I did by adding all the colors I want for the biomes, then I used a drawing tablet to dodge and burn to get the land to pop, sometimes using color on a bright setting with lower opacity to get more specific highlights. Hope that makes sense.

For the hurricane, basically the same. I used a feathery brush to get the cloud feel and then a bunch of shading to get it to pop and a shadow layer beneath it.

Let me know what you think!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The_Chain_of_Peace_2021_HM_Hurricane_v1_Small_.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	7.08 MB 
ID:	130472

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chain_of_Peace_Final_Hopemaps_v2_Small_.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	130473

If you wish to use the map personally, pop over to the Zarnia discord, that you can find on their youtube channel of games and geekery, and ask. There was already someone who asked to use in their personal game. It's just I can't give permission on my own.

Copyright 2021 Hopemaps

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

That hurricane did turn out really well (as did the rest of the map!). I am just glad I don't live in Red Rise!