Thread: Malazat: Lands of Fist & Stratem

Default Malazat: Lands of Fist & Stratem

Hi All,

I've finally completed a new map for the Malazan world. This one I spent a month refining and making some edits due to learning more about the lands. This new one is for the Lands of the First and Stratem. This landmass is scene in Return of the Crimson guard and Stonewielder.

Thanks,
    Josh

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	malazan-korel-color-update.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	3.96 MB 
ID:	130418

You can see more Malazan maps here.

This really looks awesome Josh, very nicely done. Obviously you can’t sell it, but if it were me I would definitely be making a print for myself to hang on the wall. I’ve been toying with doing one of the Malazan maps myself. We’ll see if this is the motivation I needed

- The Other Josh

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really great map and details here. I like the colors and how you depict the different environments!

That is very cool, everything is really clear and understandable and looks aesthetically pleasing. I think you've nailed done a pretty good style.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshStolarz View Post
    This really looks awesome Josh, very nicely done. Obviously you can’t sell it, but if it were me I would definitely be making a print for myself to hang on the wall. I’ve been toying with doing one of the Malazan maps myself. We’ll see if this is the motivation I needed

- The Other Josh
    Thanks Josh. Much appreciated. I wish I could print it for fans. I got a lot of feedback on Reddit and many would like a print. I don't want to make money, it's just a hobby. Maybe I should contact Tor books and see what they say. Also, I started those Malazan maps on the first iPad with Apple Pencil support so I had to keep them small. They's maybe 11x14 or so. Not massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Really great map and details here. I like the colors and how you depict the different environments!

Thanks Arimel, still working on defining the environments. My plateaus leave a lot to be desired for.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    That is very cool, everything is really clear and understandable and looks aesthetically pleasing. I think you've nailed done a pretty good style.

Thanks Falconius, next step is learning to do it with a larger canvas.

Hey Joshua,

As always, i appreciate your work on the Malazan maps. This one looks very nice, as usual. And yeah, it's shame that you had to go "small", i'd love a much more zoomable set of maps. But hey, that is "complaining" on a very high level!
    Thanks for sharing these with us and I hope you'll keep on going (btw, the newest book by Erikson is out The God is not willing, first of the Karsa series).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Hey Joshua,

As always, i appreciate your work on the Malazan maps. This one looks very nice, as usual. And yeah, it's shame that you had to go "small", i'd love a much more zoomable set of maps. But hey, that is "complaining" on a very high level!
    Thanks for sharing these with us and I hope you'll keep on going (btw, the newest book by Erikson is out The God is not willing, first of the Karsa series).
    Thanks Eilathen. Yeah, I saw that map for God is not Willing a while back. I may have modified the map a little to account for that map on my last pass at Genabackis, but it is hard to fit all of that in in the expanded map. I still owe you the high res version of Letherii Empire.

I noticed a city dropped off on the version posted. It is a Banith which part of the book takes place in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	malazan-korel-color-update.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	3.31 MB 
ID:	130482