Thread: Walk in the Desert of Zakhara

Default Walk in the Desert of Zakhara

Hello everybody,

This small project started as something to carry out a campaign, it grew until the present work. given to the immense invested time, I venture to bring it here, to see if it is a map that can be use and understand, and not just a stein over a blue background. This is a map of Zakhara, of the al-Qadim: Arabian Adventures setting; it is mostly a desert, I have included a small portion of Faerun, either to the northwest and northeast, and of Kara-Tur.

With the textures I tried to find a way to give information, what kind of terrain and where one is standing. I played excessively with fonts, to differentiate each type of label, hope is not to confusing and it is readable.

https://i.imgur.com/x1WCKeC.jpg

It is based on two magnificent maps. Hanzo’s map, found in FR Fandom Wiki, because it has a lot of information; besides, I assume is the go to reference when it comes to Zakhara. I also used the maps and ideas of Adam Whitehead, as he is one of the best mappers of Faerun that I have seen. What I use from them was a mix of their silhouettes, to maintain coherence and continuity with existing works, plus few changes, both for convenience or by mistake (it is likely that I have lost few islands). Finally, I toyed with my vision regarding textures, trying to display enough information. I do not add the links to the sources, because I don’t know if it is permitted in this forum; nevertheless, I must give credit to both sources.

My question is whether can be read and used, or was it a waste of invested time.

To those of you who have read this, thank you.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

From what I can see it looks really good, but the imgur map is so small I can't really make out much detail. Any chance of posting the map directly on this site so we can get a better look at it?

Thanks Diamond, i am terrible working with forums. There is the link under the thumbnail, if I click on it takes me to a imgur 3900x5100 image, at least that is what I get. Let me know if that works, else will load it different so is available.

If you need help with how to upload an image to the Guild, there are instructions here...

https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...chmentid=94582

Nice work on your map, btw!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks ChickPea. Hope this time works

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MPA_Zakhara_v0201_210524_150-Frame.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	3.51 MB 
ID:	130517

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Yep! It uploaded. I like the details on the map, particularly the names of the island chains to the southwest. The legend is a nice touch as well.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

There ya go. Looks really great, mannedoc. Now I can read all the names and pore over all the details.

Great map! This would fit in wonderfully in the current Lite Challenge theme of "Map a Desert"...just sayin'