Thread: Looking for a map- D&D campaign

Default Looking for a map- D&D campaign

Hello all of you incredibly talented people. Just have to start by saying that looking through the gallery, I am envious of the skills of the artists here. I am starting a new D&D campaign and I would like to commission a map of the continent and a map of the singular large city(mega city) on that continent. I have a very general idea of the look of the continent but I would rely on your knowledge to make it become real.

I am looking for a continent map that is about 500x500 miles. Distinct arctic/perpetually snowy area(s), a sizable desert, jungle(coastal islands maybe). Also a very large lake with a cluster of islands.

Style

I really like the style similar to:

Grim Hollow World Map by damie-m on DeviantArt

Quality & Size

I am looking for semi-professional quality maps that i can use on Roll20 to show the players. It will not be printed, but it will be used every session for character tracking and movement. I am not knowledgeable about any of the other mechanics of sizes, etc. Please let me know of any other information that may be necessary.

Time Constraints

The new campaign kind of came out of nowhere. I am hoping to find someone that is interested that would be able to finish these maps in the next 3 weeks or so. If that is not doable, please let me know a more realistic timeline.

Copyright

This will be for a small group, D&D campaign(6 people). I do not need copyright.

Talent such as this deserves to be paid. I am eager to pay for your time and creativity, and would like to talk about what that looks like.

I do not believe i have enough points to receive dm's so please reply with somewhere that i can contact you if you are interested.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Josua,

My name is Kellerica, and I'd be interested in helping you out. You can take a look at my portfolio at www.kellericamaps.com to get an idea of the kind of maps I make. I'm an experienced cartographer and have worked with authors, roleplayers and other storytellers to bring their worlds to life. On my website you'll find both a contact form and my email address. Shoot me a message and we can talk further!

I look forward to hearing from you,

-Kell
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

It'll take two more posts for you to be able to get PMs!

Here's the map the OP has referred for style. https://www.deviantart.com/damie-m/a...-Map-839730600

I could do this but it would probably take me more than 3 weeks with my current queue. You can find my art on my fantasy map portfolio and if you want to work with me, the contact form is right in the sidebar or if you're on mobile, I think it's in the footer. And I have a popup with my Discord/email.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Thank you for the information Tiana. You have an awesome portfolio.

I am hoping to stay on that schedule, but if that does not seem reasonable i will reach out.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Hi,

I'm interested. You can find my portfolios in the signature below.

Quote Originally Posted by Josua View Post
    Thank you for the information Tiana. You have an awesome portfolio.

I am hoping to stay on that schedule, but if that does not seem reasonable i will reach out.
    Thanks! It really is a great portfolio, though I haven't updated in a while and I have like dozens of awesome pieces to add. T_T So busy. For the record, I usually earmark a month for a basic DM map commission. So it isn't impossible to achieve. You find someone ready to go right now, then you work with them, but if you're still feeling my portfolio in a week and you haven't found someone, HMU

(oh yeah, as Wired noted, it would be a one or the other kinda dealio)
    Last edited by Tiana; 07-23-2021 at 09:18 AM.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

While I'd like to take a shot at this I won't be able to do both, a colored continent map AND a city map in your desired time frame. :/